Question about rocket

So, i colonized 3 asteroids. 1 per transmitter 1 per rocket. There are still plenty of uncharted hexagons on the starmap left.

So i build a rocket with a telescope in it. The problem here is, the CO² engine cant support a big capsule and a nosecone, and therefore it cant lift off. 

The sugar engine on the other side can support everything i need, but it wont reach further than 2 tiles or the thing ends stranded in space because it runs out of fuel. 

The question is, what i´m doing wrong? Or is more just undoable for now in the current state of the DLC? Are there even more asteroids out there?

As for now we lack the special module that would work as a telescope in space as well as better engines. But in a recent update they brought the asteroids closer together so they should be accessible with our current rockets. But it requires to start a new world to get that.

6 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

So i build a rocket with a telescope in it. The problem here is, the CO² engine cant support a big capsule and a nosecone, and therefore it cant lift off.

It can support it, just not anything else. You don't need the solid oxidizer tank with the co2 engine, so you just have engine, capsule and nosecone

(unless something very recently changed, haven't played in few days)

5 hours ago, Curufin said:

how do you build the large nosecone. i as well am on 3 bodies same way, but cant make insulation.  very frustrating.

It doesn't require insulation (the stuff made with isoresin).  It takes a material to use as an insulator.  There are a few options that are shown when you try to build it, including ceramic and refined carbon IIRC.

Archived