86035811_ScreenShot2020-12-01at7_32_52AM.thumb.png.0a008d1c40c46d275918708cd9cfb421.png

What do people think of the fuzzy terrain?

Some of my thoughts:

• It's good!
    • It's the first thing you notice (or at least that noticed) when you start a new planetoid cluster and makes the experience feel very new
    • It's gross!  Fuzzy polluted dirt is gross, and it sort of adds to the polluted oxygen bubble ambiance of the biome
  • However, I'm not sure it feels "swampy".
    • To me, I'm not sure it makes sense for mud or polluted mud to be fuzzy.  Is there a more slime-y border texture possible or would it be too boring/match the original borders to closely?

What do you guys think?

PS I love the chard

I'm not a huge fan of the squiggly borders.  It's fine for mud/dirt I guess, but, personally I think the fuzzy metal (cobalt) deposits look odd.

17 hours ago, Gurgel said:

I am not sure mud could be done better, after all it is more a semi-liquid. 

I think it'd be cool if mud were a super-viscous liquid.  Something like a max tile mass of 500kg and a viscosity of 125kg.  Dripping mud would then form "realistic" pyramids on the ground.  Plus it'd be a unique combination of physical properties: like a poor man's visco gel (or super naphtha). It would make collecting it early game more complicated though, since you can't just pick up liquids off the ground.

1 hour ago, ghkbrew said:

I think it'd be cool if mud were a super-viscous liquid.  Something like a max tile mass of 500kg and a viscosity of 125kg.

I like that idea so much. Much better than the sand like behaviour, with the "spikey" texture. To make it diggable could be too much of a hassle/code change though.

I even dreamed about turning stray or diggable dirt into mud, when it comes into contact with water. :livid:

4 hours ago, ghkbrew said:

I'm not a huge fan of the squiggly borders.  It's fine for mud/dirt I guess, but, personally I think the fuzzy metal (cobalt) deposits look odd.

I agree on cobalt. That looks odd with these borders.

Archived