4 "naturally" dangerous ideas :D

4 "naturally" dangerous ideas :D

once again loving the game and keep up the wonderful work u always deliver <3
cant wait for the new stuff and the long awaited DLC
let me first say sorry for poor english and bad gramma :D

solar flares
something for the space scanners to check for or maybe a satelite/space scanner drones u could luanch into space or in orbit.
the idea is to make the solar panels have a chance to explode on overdose of lux.
and make times for dupes at the surface moor a risk when flares occuring.
it could be awesome to have some cool animations of flares coming down or u could see the lux overlay go beserk :D
with colors going from orange to red when the lux peaks (overlay).

earthquakes/astroquakes
it could be cool to have the chance for earthquakes. it could be something that could shake things up and destroy bases or making loose titles crumble and fall down
like sand and regolith. and of course end trapping dupes.
and then have a job for it where dupes could seismograph or a machine to detect dem so u had a chance to get dupes to safety or out of the epicenter.
it could be nice when u have the machine and a dupe is working it then a overlay could show where to stay away from or how big a earthquake that is coming.

black holes
 something to avoid when travling around with ur space ship between planets.
and if ur dupes travled into a black hole then it would teleport the rocket to a random
place on the starmap risking the trip

space pirates
what more scary than pirates ... space pirates of corse :D
something to avoid at all cost or else they would take over ur rocket
maybe alien space pirates for fun fun

I like the idea of solar flares but what if they didn`t directly damage solar panels but instead increased the amount of light (to blinding levels) causing dupes to get sunburn really fast and heating up the panels causing them to overheat. This way you could either shield your panels from the flares or set up a cooling system to collect the extra power they generate outside noon.

Quakes sound ike hard to implement but maybe they could be caused by buried geysers/volcanoes. It would give an incentive to open them up instead of leaving locked forever. They would cause random nearby tiles to crack which would help locating them as well.

Wormholes in space sound fun. Some static or moving danger in space would be fun. Maybe asteroild fields or comets could move around the starmap (telescopes could be used to predict their movement making them usable after discovering the area) and interact with rockets or cause meteor storms over your bases if passing by the orbit.

solar flares could maybe be early game space risk. as you say Sasza22 maybe don't do direct damage to the panels but heating dem up, maybe make solar panels overproduce power or heat up in someway sounds good also haha

its because in the youtube and streams i have seen there have been no meteor showers on the first asteroid, but i also know its only alpha so nothing is sure yet. but could be a nice early game thing to watch out for.

sunburn for dupes and blinding effect, could be fun to see dupes walk into stuff and tripping over critters and debris on the floor :D

i was thinking maybe eclipses could be like the counter to solar flares, total darkness for solar panels and "fog of war" on the surface would come back and be "permanent" as long the eclipse was going on. making dupes slow walking and being scared. needing to have flashlights around or big lamps/projectors to light up. and then a lux sensor to detect?

my thought was exactly that if you just left a volcano! unburried then at some point it would erupt for real real not for play play making dem in the end time ticking bombs :D

sorry for bad grammar and poor english

On 11/28/2020 at 4:49 PM, SkumL said:

space pirates
what more scary than pirates ... space pirates of corse :D
something to avoid at all cost or else they would take over ur rocket
maybe alien space pirates for fun fun

Space Pirates, you say?

ONI Pirate.jpg

Archived