Warp Pipe automation

Hi, 

Had a quick scout to see if this had been mentioned or suggested but is there any plan to allow the Warp Pipe to transfer some automation signals too? 

Example that would make my current play though better: I'm making BBQ on my main planet, my second planet has a 2 dupe crew and it would be fantastic if I could hook up a weight plate / fridge to send a signal to only fill up when required rather then have BBQ just sit on a rail and potential spoil. 
I could name a few other items I'd like to switch between - it would come up with some creative Signal Switch builds allowing multiple fluids/gases through one pipe. 

Cheers, 

Good call. Including a parallel automation ribbon port specifically would provide 4 channels for automation traffic between the asteroids (which seems like a pretty balanced number of channels to me) and, perhaps more importantly, may actually incentivize some of us learn how to use the parallel automation ribbons.

On 11/29/2020 at 11:34 AM, QuQuasar said:

Good call. Including a parallel automation ribbon port specifically would provide 4 channels for automation traffic between the asteroids

I love that idea, but the information can already be encoded using different elements (with a lower throughput).

Just my 2 Cent:

There is no "need" to send automation impulses between planets and if you wanted to send information between the planets you could already achieve this.

=> I prefer a "more tinkery" approach to unessential constructions.

Spoiler

I prefer a more creative and less straight forward approach, cause that´s what makes me enjoy ONI the most.

I build farms using battery runoff as a timer, used phase transition to create a thermal sensor outside the working temperature of the normal sensor ...

On 11/29/2020 at 11:34 AM, QuQuasar said:

Good call. Including a parallel automation ribbon port specifically would provide 4 channels for automation traffic between the asteroids (which seems like a pretty balanced number of channels to me) and, perhaps more importantly, may actually incentivize some of us learn how to use the parallel automation ribbons.

In theory you can create a slow version of this using the liquid, gas or solid port and some clever automation using sensors and some mechanisms to control what goes in there and with what timing. You can still use the port for other traffic with some limitations.

On 12/3/2020 at 12:58 PM, Lilalaunekuh said:

I love that idea, but the information can already be encoded using different elements (with a lower throughput).

Just my 2 Cent:

There is no "need" to send automation impulses between planets and if you wanted to send information between the planets you could already achieve this.

=> I prefer a "more tinkery" approach to unessential constructions.

Same here.

Archived