priority sweep (!!) being ignored (not sure if bug)

So my dupes went to bed and dropped fillet in P-H20 I marked it prio 9 sweep, then when the dupes awoke no dupe had a task for the sweep (yes grill and fridge both had space and filters set appropriately). So I marked the fillet prio !! and now I've alarm and yellow tinge but still no dupes with a store or supply task. Reset priority map wide to 1 (most was 5 one build project was 6, oxygen supply / deodorisers were 7), set fridge and grill back to 7. Now finally I've a dupe go and sweep the fillet. Is this supposed to happen that way? I had dupes doing other sweep tasks (at prio 5) to sweep only storage (at prio 5) but those dupes didn't attempt to sweep the fillet.

What is a bug, however, is that once the fillet was loaded into the grill the priority alert disappeared from the upper left but not the alarm nor the yellow tinge to the screen.

Was it nighttime?

The yellow alert priority does not override your dupes sleeping phases. If you want them to jump out of their beds, you need to sound the red alert (upper left, next to the game speed).

Regarding the yellow alert persisting even after the sweep errand, it is hard to judge from a distance. Chances are that you have tried to yellow-alert-prioritize your fridge or your grill as well.

Sweep (or build, mop, etc.) alerts will should be cleared after the task is completed. Buildings will keep their priority and thus might also maintain yellow alert until you change it again.

If you experienced some different behaviour, you might wanna file a bug report here: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/oni_so/

If you do, attaching a savegame might be helpful to the devs.

No not night time, which is why I mentioned when the dupes awoke.

Apart from the map wide swipe to prio 1, I did not use the prio tool: the fillet was marked prio !! by selecting the fillet and using the prio on the fillet's info window. When the fillet (!!) was placed in the grill the grill was marked as prio 7.

I don't have the save I rolled back to an autosave without the alarm and the yellow tinge.

5 minutes ago, dekeonus said:

No not night time, which is why I mentioned when the dupes awoke.

After the sleeping phase, dupes will start the day with a bathtime phase (in the standard schedule). This phase allows work, but will prefer bathroom tasks (not sure how the !! priority plays into it). So there is still a slim chance that you were simply in a phase where the alarm didnt yet have an effect.

6 minutes ago, blash365 said:

After the sleeping phase, dupes will start the day with a bathtime phase

Not the case here (well 2nd shift was in bathroom time), some dupes had started sweeping prio 5 debris into prio 5 storage (not near either barracks nor bathrooms).

18 minutes ago, BlackGoat said:

Since they eventually did it, sounds like maybe your dupe priorities need a bump in either Tidying or Storing.

priority is flat with exception of cooking which is very low (except the cook +1, who was sweeping prio 5 debris as nothing to cook) and research which is very low (except the researcher +1, who was supplying their own water). With the flat priorities the dupes should have been looking at the sub priorities - i.e. the numbers marked on the map.

Most likely what's happened for me in this case is that there's no valid storage bin set for the item.  Since they moved the item to the grill and not to a fridge or food bucket, that would be my first guess.  Was the sweep icon red or white?  If red, then there was no where to put it.

1 hour ago, DarkMaster13 said:

Most likely ... is that there's no valid storage bin set for the item.  ...  Was the sweep icon red or white?

Grill was empty. Fridge was almost empty. Hence the desire that the dupes put the damn food in the fridge / grill before it went bad.

sweep icon was white/pink

Hmm got another pacu fillet to test with:
1st run; same lack of concern from the dupes and yellow alert notice disappeared but alarm and yellow tinge stayed after it was finally delivered to the grill.
2nd run; (after reload of the save) dupes completed their current in process task and then picked up the fillet (prio 9). Perhaps some oddness with my resource starved 10 year old pc.
3rd run; let the yellow alert alarm and tinge continue, alert was cancelled after fillet was cooked.
4th run, dupes did 2 -3 tasks each before one went for the fillet (!!), fillet was delivered to fridge. again alert notice was cleared, but alarm and yellow tinge remained. At this point I had exhausted all physical ram and was paging heavily (why is that particular bug still here, I saw it reported something like 2 years ago)

Archived