Add Clean Sweeper as a drop from Klaus sack

Clean Sweeper requires 3 living logs and 6 dark petals to make. Not hard items to renew, but once you pick all evil flowers from your world, the only way to renew them is by haunting normal flowers. This can be a bit of a nuisance to do, and some people might not even know that 'trick'.

In multi-player wolrds, people will sometimes leave with the item in their inventory, or burn it or lose it, and making a new Clean Sweeper can be a tad frustrating.

Adding this as a drop to the Klaus sack I find would be pretty neat for helping stock up on the item. The only problem is it wouldn't really fit in the bundle system for the drop, where the bundle with varied items has items that relate to bosses.

Clean Sweep also sometimes drops from chopping down a totally normal tree, and until the Mad Lab (Hallowed Nights exclusive crafting structure) is removed from the game- you should be able to craft as many totally normal trees as you could ever want- NEVER have I hand crafted the clean sweep- just seems like a waste of resources to be honest, It also doesn’t seem to be an important enough item to have drop from a boss either- I mean dude you can get the darn thing already by just chopping down a tree.

So my answer is Yes on having them drop more often, No on tying it to Klaus.

32 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Clean Sweep also sometimes drops from chopping down a totally normal tree, and until the Mad Lab (Hallowed Nights exclusive crafting structure) is removed from the game- you should be able to craft as many totally normal trees as you could ever want-

Are you SURE that you can get the Clean Sweeper from trees planted that way? Cause I've grown 8 of them and none of them dropped it, even though 25% isn't that low

But back to the point, I would not like the Clean Sweeper to be added to the Loot Stash. I might already have it, and getting another one instead of something like a bee Queen Crown, or even a Royal Jelly would suck, as another Clean Sweeper has literally zero uses

2 hours ago, DaZoul said:

as another Clean Sweeper has literally zero uses

In the text I mention this would be geared towards a multi-player need.

People leave with them in their inventories, as I said, or might want their personal ones.

2 hours ago, DaZoul said:

and getting another one instead of something like a bee Queen Crown, or even a Royal Jelly would suck

RIght, which is why you would want it in a different bundle. The boss drops bundle is a separate one, and there are other bundles that drop only charcoal and gold, with a chance of an extra item (amulet for two, sack for the third). Adding a clean sweep chance for a non-boss bundle wouldn't affect your desired drops.

The main problem however would be thematic inconsistency. But those three bundles having chances for different items could be cool. Beefalo horn would be another one. In some worlds beefalo go extinct and those then become non-renewable.

6 hours ago, sinisterrkid said:

In the text I mention this would be geared towards a multi-player need.

People leave with them in their inventories, as I said, or might want their personal ones.

RIght, which is why you would want it in a different bundle. The boss drops bundle is a separate one, and there are other bundles that drop only charcoal and gold, with a chance of an extra item (amulet for two, sack for the third). Adding a clean sweep chance for a non-boss bundle wouldn't affect your desired drops.

The main problem however would be thematic inconsistency. But those three bundles having chances for different items could be cool. Beefalo horn would be another one. In some worlds beefalo go extinct and those then become non-renewable.

That could work. Maybe a chance from the bundle which also has a chance for Krampus Sack?

Not really related to the suggestion, especially since 3/4 bundles are filled with regular junk and it would've been nice to have something good in them too, but I wanted to point out that even in Wilderness worlds where you can't become a ghost to haunt flowers you can use Deconstruction staff to get 4 evil petals from 1 nightmare fuel which itself is indefinitely renewable.

Although I don't think that you should be required to visit ruins just to be able to change skins of your items. Or defeating a winter boss. Maybe having a 5% or similar chance of flower spawned during rain to be evil flower (like currently flowers having 1% chance of being a rose) would've been better to make the task of obtaining petals easier. Flowers are the only plants to be renewable in all 3 game modes due to their spawning during rain being carried from Reign of Giants and as such unrelated to regrowth mechanics introduced in DST.

Archived