Nik plays Don't Starve!

Nik

my name's nick, and I'm mostly doing this because you remind me of myself. Though I first wonder with no replies, how is your thread 5 starred? =PI like your accent, however your voice is too loud, pull the mic farther away from your face, or turn up the game and while you're editing the video you need to turn down the sound of the whole video. Second thought, I can hear your breathing and sniffling, so pull mic away from your face.Although it isn't required, I don't think you should curse. Although you are definitely free to, parents and younger viewers arn't generally allowed to watch things with cursing, which will limit your available viewer base.Personally preference, scroll in so that your are more zoomed into the game, so that people can see the smaller features, though once again that is personal preference.The "real life facts" I heard one or two times kept the let's play interesting, so definitely do that more often!You need a ending, "Thanks for watching, please sub, the video is now ending" just something so that the video doesn't end abruptly.Overall I thought it wasn't bad, the worst aspect was how close the mic was to your face, causing you to be loud and the fact that as I was watching the video next to my two younger brothers, I needed to put headphones on due to your language.Hope that helps, any questions feel free to ask me, or check out my channel! youtube.com/Dathrick93Best of luck to youDath~

[MENTION=6885]Dathrick[/MENTION] Thank's a lot, i'll definitely try and move my microphone away from my face as much as possible! Some reason after I edited the video black bars appeared on the sides, top and bottom so sorry for that and about the breathing and sniffling - I'm currently a tad ill sorry for that aha! I also didn't want to bother for a introduction or ending since this is my first video and didn't want to bother wasting time if my doing Lets plays wasn't going to take me anywhere!Sorry about my language although I'd rather be the person I actually am and swear rather than trying not to swear and not enjoying myself while making these Lets Plays :).I'll definitely check your channel out and thanks a lot for the feedback!

[MENTION=16798]Nik[/MENTION]glad to help man, I had a lot of trouble with having my mic too close on my first few videos, it's unnatural to think how far away it can actually be while still having good quality. In my opinion an ending is more appropriate to have than an intro if you are unsure which to have. Although I suggest both, if a video just ends, it doesn't leave the viewer somewhere. So like take 60 seconds at the end and stop doing stuff in game, and maybe recap what you did and what you plan to do, that way the viewer knows that the video is about to endonce again the language is just my personal preference! I totally agree that being natural is really important for a lets play, and if that works for you, go for it =) but if you have trouble with getting a large enough audience, try not swearing for an episode or two and see if that gets more views than your typical video, simple little experiment =)best of luck to you!Dath~

[MENTION=16798]Nik[/MENTION]ahhhhhh I see what you did so yeah that's totally valid, 1 suggestion is when editing, put a black screen for like 4-7 seconds just saying "To Be Continued..", very minimal work but it gets the job done.Dath~

[MENTION=16798]Nik[/MENTION] I like the intro, I see that you monitized, so I'm assuming you also have a custom thumbnail? The recap at the start I enjoyed. I did a lot of skimming through and I didn't notice any language, did you change that also? The mic distance from your face is much better in my opinion, so nice job with that! I still felt that the ending was a bit abrupt, however it seemed to fade out at the end, Idk if that means that I am going crazy, or if you did that, but the fading did help a bit to show me it was going to end. Overall good job again and do me a favor, when you get all big and famous, don't forget the little guy Dathrick =PDath~

[MENTION=6885]Dathrick[/MENTION] Haha thanks, also I did monetize but unforutanetly I have to wait 30 days after becoming a YT partner thingy to add custom thumbnails! The language wasn't intentional, guess I just didn't feel the need to swear that episode? Yeah I moved the microphone further away from my face so thanks a ton for that! I also am in the means of making a better ending just haven't finished it yet will definitely get that done ASAP! :). And haha hopefully If i do, i wont :).

[MENTION=16798]Nik[/MENTION] Really? I didn't have to wait 30 days, that's odd... well grats on monetizing! and what will be interesting to see is if this episode gets more, less, or the same views as the others, maybe that's the language experiment I suggested! Unintentional experiments are usually the best =P Good luck with your ending, maybe add my channel to your sidebar of suggested channels =P haha Views are views, they come and they go, but just make sure you keep having fun making videos, cause that's the most important thing in my eyes. If you need any advice shoot me a PM or something, have fun!Dath~