Effective fireproofing

18 hours ago, Intrepidpioneer said:

fire in dst was and still is the most destructive force in the game with very easy accessibility, meanwhile fire prevention seems to be inefficient and locked behind mid game.

Fire prevention isn't locked until midgame. You can extinguish smoldering by hand from day 1, make an ice staff as soon as you find a blue gem (possibly day 1), make water balloons as soon as you find mosquitos (possibly day 1), and make flingomatics starting at the second week or something like that. But even if it were locked until later on, it's because fire doesn't happen until later on. Nothing will start fires until at least day 55 I believe.

18 hours ago, Intrepidpioneer said:

do you see my point?

Not really, no. Fire is only marginally more efficient than a hammer, but if you're going long enough without noticing that someone griefed you with fire that you can't just rollback then they would've easily had enough time to do so with a hammer. Don't play on public servers, be more vigilant, be more willing to lose progress, or something else along those lines.

42 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Fire prevention isn't locked until midgame. You can extinguish smoldering by hand from day 1, make an ice staff as soon as you find a blue gem (possibly day 1), make water balloons as soon as you find mosquitos (possibly day 1), and make flingomatics starting at the second week or something like that. But even if it were locked until later on, it's because fire doesn't happen until later on. Nothing will start fires until at least day 55 I believe.

Not really, no. Fire is only marginally more efficient than a hammer, but if you're going long enough without noticing that someone griefed you with fire that you can't just rollback then they would've easily had enough time to do so with a hammer. Don't play on public servers, be more vigilant, be more willing to lose progress, or something else along those lines.

-sigh- I can understand if you just disagreed but since you don't understand I'll try to explain it better. 

Scale flooring has the potential to be what this thread was made for. Fireproofing. The ability to make fires not occur. Fires are easy to start but require a lot more effort to stop. That's my point. I wasn't expecting this topic to be so difficult to grasp. Only 1 person gave a reasonable solution with lureplants I didn't know about that so I'll look into it. 

Basically the same way scale chests, stone walls, etc cannot be burned I think that there should be a low cost and temporary way to achieve this with other structures such as say Wurt being able to create some kind of muddy salve to apply to structures to make them fire re-tardant for a day or half a day. Maybe Walter can make a fire safety sign that works like a flingo with a radius that prevents fire starting in its field. But I suppose this is too complicated and I'm just bad at the game.

Archived