What's the point of the cards that move Empty Bottle to discard?

iirc Pack Rat and Reduce(?) are the only two cards that can move empty bottles from Smith's draw to his discard pile. Since they both have an action cost I assume they're intended to have some merit, but I've ran a lot of Smith runs and I've yet to find it. 

My best guess is that it's for preventing you from having to use the bottles when they get drawn - so you can save them for the cards that use them (e.g. batter up)? If there's something I'm missing here please tell me since these seem like a very niche utility for Smith when so many items in his run give him enough empty bottles to use with cards.

Also, Bravado???? Will that ever be added to other hostility cards or is it solely for the Bully series? I feel like it's got some potential to be used in other cards (e.g. having arguments like Goon be spawned in at a number based on your current Bravado bonus??

It's even more specific than your example, but Packrat was pretty useful in a Brawl Run I did where I had the unique graft that randomized card costs, meaning I really didn't want to draw any Empty Bottles with a cost of 1 or 2. Aside from that it's a card I'll always pass up on, especially since it outright anti-synergizes with some grafts that want you to draw and play Empty Bottles.

No other card has Bravado based on a search for the tag in the Compendium, but maybe the devs will add more cards that pair well with it? There's already one card that adds Composure to all arguments based on your number of hostile cards played that turn, which is kind of like Bravado. I hope to see more cards like that. There's also Classic Smith, which generates Bully cards, so it might as well count as a Bravado card. That card needs an upgrade to reduce its cost for me to consider it to be worthwhile to run, though.

Does Classic Smith have an Ambush upgrade? It's a cool card in theory but just letting it swim in your deck on top of having to keep starter greens doesn't sound very practical.

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle have beneficial effects if you have bottles, though Reuse is weird in that regard because it's the only one that requires you to have Empty Bottles in your hand as opposed to deck or specific piles.

I understand the idea behind Rat Pack, preserving Empty Bottles by moving em into the discard pile, but 1 or 2 bottles each turn is nothing. You could easily be floating a dozen bottles in a Drink deck, and with the bottle graft you could even get some extra usage outta playing em.

With regard to Bravado, two other cards that combos with it are Chase and Unyielding. Since those play/can be played twice if they destroy an argument, they add 2 stacks to Bravado. I still do hope they add more cards to combo with this playstyle.

Archived