Can you recover erased worlds?

Just now, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i think the only way to recover is if you have a backup copy of that world before the regeneration

yeah, I have a copy in a different computer but its day 370, so I was wondering if I had another way to go around it

I'm not sure how thorough the game is at deleting saves when you get rid of a world so I'd first check where your save files are located to see if there's any backups/saves there that you can recover from. If not I would assume you can use a third party program to recover any recently deleted files as long as your computer hasn't saved over them in the meantime. I can't recommend a program that's good for this but if you google "recover deleted files windows" the first option is a free download but I'd use it at your own risk and maybe google around a bit to see if there are trustworthy options. I don't remember much about restoring backups but if the world is completely gone it might be helpful to create a new world and then replace the overworld & caves (if you have them) data with your backups so all the pathways are intact for the save file, might not be necessary though.

8 minutes ago, D7X said:

I'm not sure how thorough the game is at deleting saves when you get rid of a world so I'd first check where your save files are located to see if there's any backups/saves there that you can recover from. If not I would assume you can use a third party program to recover any recently deleted files as long as your computer hasn't saved over them in the meantime. I can't recommend a program that's good for this but if you google "recover deleted files windows" the first option is a free download but I'd use it at your own risk and maybe google around a bit to see if there are trustworthy options. I don't remember much about restoring backups but if the world is completely gone it might be helpful to create a new world and then replace the overworld & caves (if you have them) data with your backups so all the pathways are intact for the save file, might not be necessary though.

ill try that

I erm...only read the title and the replies apparently so >_> my suggestion might be useless, if you died and the world regenerated it probably just saved over the old data and there's likely nothing to recover using a third party program. Worth a shot though? I take it there's no option to rollback to before the regeneration, I've never tested that.

Archived