Making custom character voice sounds (not coding)

Hey so I've only really seen tutorials on how to code or input sounds or whatever as a custom character voice, but it never shows how to actually MAKE the voice and make it convincing, carol, sinking and all. I should probably note that while I have no idea how to use something like FL Studio I have a friend who knows how and they have no idea what they're supposed to do either.

Edited by JustCrimson

2 hours ago, penguin0616 said:

@JustCrimson Klei did it with masterful instrument skills. I think you would need something similar?

"Hey man how do I code something similar to what they do here?" links a joke btw

"Well they used coding skills, I would assume you need to do something similar?"

Edited by JustCrimson
  • Wavey 1

@JustCrimson The first time I was working on this, I used Musescore and picked an instrument from that bank, then played around with it until they sounded good by listening to a bunch of the existing voice files. I'd highly recommend string instruments or woodwind/brass and not something too percussive, as stuff like the Yawn and the killed sounds are really hard to make sound slurred with percussion.

11 minutes ago, WesisBless said:

@JustCrimson The first time I was working on this, I used Musescore and picked an instrument from that bank, then played around with it until they sounded good by listening to a bunch of the existing voice files. I'd highly recommend string instruments or woodwind/brass and not something too percussive, as stuff like the Yawn and the killed sounds are really hard to make sound slurred with percussion.

That would be good if I knew how to read sheet music or just knew anything about music in general, but thanks for the tip

Edited by JustCrimson