Revamp Wigfrids "Fireproof Falsetto" song

With Wigfrids rework came an array of songs for her to sing to give buffs to her teammates, one of these songs is the Fireproof Falsetto, requiring papyrus, feather pencil and a spittlefish(which can only spawn around Sea Weeds) The Fireproof Falsetto provides a measly 33% resistance to fire to Wigfrid and players/followers around her.

This item is in my opinion, the most useless item in the entirety of the DS franchise as a whole. Many other "useless" items have niche uses(E.g. Pretty Parasol and Rabbit Earmuffs, despite being bad are very useful for players joining a world in the middle of Winter/Spring) But even the Fireproof Falsetto has no notable niche uses of its own. As 33% resistance to fire isn't a lot and even so players usually won't be standing in fire anyways.

Even if it were buffed to give a significant amount of resistance to fire (80%+) it would still be a item that can't be used in many scenarios. Only scenarios that come to mind are Klaus fire deer, Dragonfly and her lavae, and maaaybe fire hounds if you're somehow able to get enough inspiration.

My idea to improve the item? Revamp the item and change it to provide freezing resistance too. This would open up the item to be able to be used in more scenarios and I think would make it a more used item (Deerclops, Crab King, Ice Hounds, Klaus Ice Deer). The name of the item could be changed to "Song of Ice and Fire" (Just a little reference to the books irl called "A Song of Ice and Fire" :) ). If this change was added and the fire resistance was increased a bit more I think it would make the item more useful than it is now.

Tell me what you think, and what you would change about the item instead what I proposed.

Honestly it depends entirely upon the future of DST.. there may be new content coming that Wigfrids songs were designed around- Klei has known for years of players complaining that Summer is lacking in Content compared to Winter.. Maybe there’s some new Summer content coming like for example- Mobs (other than fire hound) that deal fire damage that would make this item particularly extremely useful.

59 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Honestly it depends entirely upon the future of DST.. there may be new content coming that Wigfrids songs were designed around- Klei has known for years of players complaining that Summer is lacking in Content compared to Winter.. Maybe there’s some new Summer content coming like for example- Mobs (other than fire hound) that deal fire damage that would make this item particularly extremely useful.

Even so, I cant seriously see a measly 33% fire resistance being helpful, but I suppose we will see if Klei adds any fire spawning/ fire damage dealing mobs in the future.

Archived