Problems connecting to server

i can't connect to my own server i pinged the servers ip and it's fine but when i try to connect to it through the game i get the server is not responding i triend a vpn as well and it didn't work,what should i do? also in the logs the server is not responding p2p client initiated but nothing happens after that

Are you on Xbox? I had the same problems last night- my world kept disconnecting me back to the menu screen. Luckily it saved my progress so I could just reload back in..

But it happened at least 3x last night- every other game I tried worked fine it was just DST giving me problems.

But- Klei is probably hard at work on their next content update and until we get the latest version update I fully expect my game to start having a few problems.

Klei never pulls the game for hours on end leaving players with a unplayable game while we have a message reading

“Down for server Maintenance”

So In-between their content updates I fully expect my game to have minor issues here and there until the new update.

• Developer
On 10/10/2020 at 11:00 AM, Mike23Ua said:

Klei never pulls the game for hours on end leaving players with a unplayable game while we have a message reading

Yeah, I'm a very strong believer in not having planned outages. All our backend tech is built around rolling deploys and no-outage upgrades. We're not perfect, but generally if you're having problems connecting it's because a third party like steam or xbox or AWS is down.

Archived