[Poll] On Combat Style Efficiency

FISSION MAILED! WE'LL GET THEM TEXT NIME  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Which combat strategy do you think is most efficient?

• Melee (Tanking)
    • Melee (Kiting)
    • Ranged
    • Other (do mention in the comments!)

Ugh.. -Sigh- one more time:

Spoiler

That’s the problem- you guys genuinely don’t understand anything.. and you make assumptions of ones playstyle then belittle them for not being able to adhere to your personal expectations.. it’s a toxic way of thinking and it makes me feel miserable. You say I should have Hambat by the time Deerclops arrives- You ASSUME Deerclops arrives on a pre-Determined in game day, and Maybe he Does on default server settings- But when you change those settings to Random Weather Season & Random Season Length.. You effectively have absolutely no freaking clue when or where Deerclops is going to show up.

Ive had him show up as early as Day 3.. 

You ask me to understand basic mechanics of your boring meta gameplay using default settings applied to your worlds when I’ve already expressed time and time again that I DON’T play by the Meta- You join my server.. you effectively join something literally labeled as-

“Mad Pure Unpredictable Chaos”

When your world is doing it’s best impersonation of a Katy Perry song (going from hot to cold) you aren’t meant to understand Default Meta gameplay functions- your meant to adapt to randomized situations as they occur.

This thread wouldn’t even be spiraling off-topic if you could just leave well enough alone and not belittle, or judge someone else’s personal gameplay style.

the above completely off-topic example should explain to you why the best method is still easily KITING.

12 minutes ago, Well-met said:

modded worlds are never relevant when discussing balance or strategies. I figured that was obvious but I'll gladly remind you so Mike23Ua.

That’s not a mod- it’s now an actual world Gen setting you can apply prior to hosting a world.. probably a setting inspired by a mod- but an actual world Gen setting you can toggle on or off nonetheless 

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

That’s not a mod- it’s now an actual world Gen setting you can apply prior to hosting a world.. probably a setting inspired by a mod- but an actual world Gen setting you can toggle on or off nonetheless 

"mod" means "modified". I can call it "messed up" worldgen if you prefer. It's no different.

Nobody who's playing with reeds set to "Lots" is going to barge in here trying to explain everyone how reeds aren't rare and precious.

It's not relevant at all with how Klei intended the default game nor the accepted standard.

Archived