Double Moose/goose per nest (bug?)

Hello, this is my first post, and english is not my first language.

But what I want to say is that, moose/goose spawns in spring with the moslings, but what happens to me almost all the time is that I kill the moose/goose and the mosling don't turn hostile, but instead they don't care, and if I hit them, they call another moose/goose, and when I kill this second moose, just then they turn hostile.

You could say that this is better because you get more loot, but I feel like this is not intended, its weird that you have to kill 2 moose/goose for the moslings to attack you.

Thanks for reading, I hope that you can relate to what I said.

32 minutes ago, Well-met said:

It's intended. A nest can have two parents. The extra moosegoose has infinite aggro and isn't restricted by the nest radius.

As far as I know this only happens when moosegoose is set to "Lots".

Not only. I havs "less" moosegoose and usually I get two of them per "active" nest. Also in my latest world is a narrow passage with clutter of 4 nests.

Same, what happens in my world are 5 goose nests really close together and not all of them have eggs per spring, they are usually random. I also had gooses without gooselings (They walk freely everywhere destroying things) and gooselings without momma (They never stop to call when attacked). Just last spring I had 4 eggs out of the 5 and the gooses went on a rampage all around my base (It's 2 screens away). To help even further I have those massive amounts of ponds clustered together right beside 2 nests, so every spring that place is a no to the no, no go.

This Behaviour can be triggered by killing the moose goose, attacking mooslings, a new goose spawns.

Or if you don't want two gooses, you need to attack one moosling before killing the goose, then the mooslings will get linked to the goose and won't spawn another goose.

55 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Or if you don't want two gooses, you need to attack one moosling before killing the goose, then the mooslings will get linked to the goose and won't spawn another goose

That way I got two Goose/moose. They spawned the second one anyway.

Archived