Help with cave monkeys

Hello there,

Could you guys please give me an advise to get rid of the cave monkeys near the ruins ?

I'm not sure if I can surround their pod with walls  so I can avoid them or use Winona's catapults instead to get rid of them
And I'm asking this because if I defeat the ancient fuel waver and reset the caves, will they spawn again ? Is not fun to be chased all the time while I try to visit the ruins to gather resources but are just too many of them !!!

31 minutes ago, Cailu95 said:

Unfortunately, fencing with traditional walls does not work as well, because monkeys somehow manage to cross the walls, in my world I had to surround them with statues.

Thanks for the heads up.

On 8/30/2020 at 5:02 PM, Euphia said:

After you kill fuelweaver and ruins reset use him to smash all the monkeys and houses! Fastest and easiest way to get rid of them. Do as much as possible in the nightmare phase to get better loots! :D

I'm going to try this as soon as I can and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the info.

@Euphia Your advice works like a charm.

I clear almost the whole ruins. Except for the rino dude at the end ( forgot his name )

One thing tho.

How did you get rid off the ancient fuelweaver after that ? I have him stand still on my cave base lol.

22 hours ago, Mx-Pain said:

I'm going to try this as soon as I can and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the info.

@Euphia Your advice works like a charm.

I clear almost the whole ruins. Except for the rino dude at the end ( forgot his name )

One thing tho.

How did you get rid off the ancient fuelweaver after that ? I have him stand still on my cave base lol.

@Mx-Pain You are most welcome!  I actually planted some spider dens in an out of the way area and turned them into queens and just let him fight with them until he dies, pop on a spider hat and grab your fossils and heart ect and then reset go again!

Seeing as you didn’t kill guardian (rhino dude) you could even use him but it would be a bit more hectic to retrieve your fossils and heart I imagine!

We have also had depth worm waves finish him off once before also, there are probably a lot more options I haven’t thought of too!

1 hour ago, Euphia said:

@Mx-Pain You are most welcome!  I actually planted some spider dens in an out of the way area and turned them into queens and just let him fight with them until he dies, pop on a spider hat and grab your fossils and heart ect and then reset go again!

Seeing as you didn’t kill guardian (rhino dude) you could even use him but it would be a bit more hectic to retrieve your fossils and heart I imagine!

We have also had depth worm waves finish him off once before also, there are probably a lot more options I haven’t thought of too!

Thanks for those tips.

My mistake was to reanimate him near my base cave after he was defeated by the guardian ( thanks for remind me his name )

I'm going to put spider dents to farm some loot too and maybe he can be defeat by the big spiders just like you mentioned. And I'll keep in mind the spider mask to grab the loot too without problems.

I'm currently waiting for the worms to see how it goes but honestly like you said, the AF will most likely defeat them. He clear almost the whole ruins without my help. He can fight alone some worms and win.

Thanks again for all your help. You have changed my whole cave base idea and I have valuable resources now too. Take care friend.

Archived