The next QoL Update #3 (if there is one)

In the August QoL update Wilson & Webber got more beards but Abigail is still missing a few flower skins. So with that said, I would like to get in my requests for QoL Update #3 (If there is one)

I want to leave a disclaimer: & say Visual improvements to existing areas of the game should defiantly qualify as QoL. Klei also seems to think this because the August QoL has visual upgrades to tons of stuff! 
So with that said, here is my list.
(I’ll keep my list short & simple)

#1- The rest of Abigails missing flower skins (did you honestly expect anything else to be number 1 coming from a #WendyMain?)

#2- I was sad to see that the August QoL Update did not allow Willow to refuel her lighter using the one resource she’s actually GOOD at collecting, Nightmare Fuel..

(as a Wendy Main, Abigail now provides permanent free light to Wendy as long as Abigails at full strength, so I don’t see a big deal in lighters being refillable. This saves ingredients required in making additional lighters for someone who needs them more, & it would also mean that Willow will only need to craft Additional Lighters if she wants to pass them around to other players.)

Spoiler

If Klei is worried about this making Willow into a pick & swap character then make it so that only WILLOW can refuel the lighters.. this would make her no more or less of a pick and swap as it would if you just swapped to her long enough to craft a few lighters and swap her back out again.

Spoiler

Some people want Klei to Re-Rework Willow & make her a Pyrokinetic, This will be a BAD Idea.. because it means that the Belongings skin Willow has for her lighter that I paid for will Either be removed from the game.. OR the Lighter would be another torch skin.

#3- Visual updates to the world. For example purely cosmetic flowers making otherwise flat empty stretches of land feel more lively.

B1F9D3C8-A584-42A9-AB0A-134583E63FC9.jpeg.050d952fc3c66bd77e2299904149f51a.jpegUpdate some of the “Barely visible” areas of land with some slightly better colorations.

B7CC2C6A-0732-4451-B076-7485D9C89FCB.thumb.jpeg.810a16b58ab9a51aeb2550cd6f5c52b5.jpeg

Palm Trees at the Oasis!! 
These would not only look more visually appealing to my Eyeballs, but would also allow players to obtain Coconut to plant their very own Palm Tree Biomes, Coconut can be eaten as a food source, and players can obtain Palm Leaf for creation of Palm Leaf Hut or as Resource for fueling fires.

E6EF0134-F3E8-4326-99EA-77B25244D94E.jpeg.dbdde015bdd2838b78a6e80fe706ec8c.jpeg

#4- with the Compendium constantly being updated with new stuff such as favorite foods, the newly added cookbook, and tidbits of lore, This seems like a perfect place to add the Animated Shorts into the game. :) It would ALSO be a good place for players to pre-select belongings skins like Ashley prior to joining a world.

#5- I would absolutely LOVE more control over world gen settings, since this is a topic I have discussed in other threads I will just use my example- Random Toggle for Day Length & Day Type. I think there is already a mod for this, but Basically what it does is it allows Time of Day to be randomly chosen at the start of each day, letting the length of your days be just as random & unpredictable as Weather Seasons & Season Lengths can now be. And as a Console Player without access to Mods, I’d love to see this officially.

Spoiler

Players won’t be totally clueless as to what type of “Day” they’ll be having, the little sun dial in the top corner of the screen will still let them be aware of what they need to prepare for at the start of each New Day.. but how that sun dial determines its “Lengths” for each part of the day will be random.

#6- The “Rescue Me” Server button should actually function like the Unstuck button in State of Decay 2.. meaning that a player has to hold their position for a few seconds and the game will move them to a more viable location, this directly nerfs any form of blocking players in type grieving.. such as bone cage at the Postern, just press the “Rescue Me” button and after a few seconds of NOT being attacked players will Relocate to a more valid area a few tiles over (Obviously would not be able to be exploited & used to hop bodies of water.. but I’ll leave the how it works & why for Klei to decide.) 

That’s everything I will ask for, I will not be adding any additional suggestions past this, but other forum members are welcome to share their own QoL #3 wishes if they like.

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

#3- Visual updates to the world. For example purely cosmetic flowers making otherwise flat empty stretches of land feel more lively.

B1F9D3C8-A584-42A9-AB0A-134583E63FC9.jpeg.050d952fc3c66bd77e2299904149f51a.jpegUpdate some of the “Barely visible” areas of land with some slightly better

They also block placement. They're super annoying.

Personally, if we do get another QoL update I would rather the focus be almost entirely on tweaks and adjustments rather than aesthetics, skins, and visual components. As much as I love the QoL update I will say that it feels like a big portion of it was "more beard skins" than actually tweaking things that could have used it (farming, shadow items, technical performance).

Archived