A REALLY simple Pacu farm you can plop wherever there is a pool of water

A set and forget build that saves algaeand uses a few doors, a critter sensor and some sweepers to manage population. You can plop it anywhere there is a body of water that's at least 5x7 tiles wide. 

24Vi6jQ.jpg

The breeding room where a few Pacu are fed and kept in a cage.  The breeder Pacu drops eggs that passes through the pneumatic doors preventing it from being cramped. Sweepers pick up any debris and sends them outside.

6PsdEM3.png

You can use a Not Gate too but idk how it changes things. Just set the critter sensor to above or below  a certain number depending on how many Pacus you want to feed inside. When the Pacu dies the cage opens and lets a new one(s) in and closes again to. Mine is set to open the cage when there is 0 Pacus.

DMYOCqd.png

Shipping

wqoRGN1.jpg

A few cycles later

Here's a nice midgame automated pacu farm for people with tonnes of algae:

FishTank.thumb.png.6c5a35dbe27efed991a9e6da9fb4026a.png

Fully automated, spends 5-10W on average when has 60-120 pacus in the small pool. Don't know if the power consumption rises rapidly after, but it probably doesn't. It also produces crazy amounts of egg shells. I prefer to dump about 30 tonnes algae in it without time restrictions and then take the easy food(30 tonnes of algae lets you supply about 8 dupes with food)

I think you could figure out the perfectly efficient timings for pacu feeding, but, considering ONI bugs like pacus getting stuck for no reason or lagging eating/defecating animations, I guess it's very hard

The critter sensor is set on (above 0) or (above 1) and the door system is like that:

image.thumb.png.c7ef8634735a29fd9a2fffd332969659.png

All in all, it's pretty easy to build, very easy to maintain and, at some point, provides you with infinite food.

It's also easily stackable.

5 hours ago, GovorunBird said:

All in all, it's pretty easy to build

Can you even build this in survival? Not tested it to check, but don't the feeders act like pitcher pumps in that the trailing feeder arm needs to not be blocked when you build it?

image.png.a24c0f0e7cbf2da23e58aac7340b68b6.png

2 hours ago, Lifegrow said:

Can you even build this in survival? Not tested it to check, but don't the feeders act like pitcher pumps in that the trailing feeder arm needs to not be blocked when you build it?

image.png.a24c0f0e7cbf2da23e58aac7340b68b6.png

What if you build the feeder first?

Archived