Flead Queen in Rook's Brawl

She's way too fat for a Day 2 boss, practically Shroog sized. In the campaign, you get an entire squad to deal with her, including dudes that lower enemy damage and increase yours, while in the Brawl you have to contend with a random goon and whoever you could afford in the tavern.

By comparison, facing Flead Queen as Sal is almost trivial thanks to Bleed's armor piercing properties. Perhaps the first two days should be restricted to assassins and Spark Barons.

The powerful brawl-specific grafts help a lot, but yeah, I think I'm still in total agreement. I'd probably even add buffed Jeol to the too-stronk-for-the-first-couple-days boss list. The addition of heals/meditates before some skirmishes were definitely very much welcome though, especially when you had those insane boss -> mech survival -> boss sequences, which, while extremely satisfying to survive through, were :spidercowers:

I feel that Rook's random heal/restore event plays into this issue as well: as nice as it is to get some HP or Resolve back for free, it prevents you from visiting the tavern, meaning that you can't heal to full using food and booze, can't hire dudes, can't fix cards, can't do anything tavern related. I've gotten the heal event right before having to fight the final day boss all too often.

Archived