Suggestion for alternative use for lazy deserter.

3 hours ago, Well-met said:

I don't know. Just because it's an orange gem doesn't necessarily mean anything with an orange gem can do the same function as the amulet.

Orange gems appear to be about displacement, the staff displaces you, the amulet displaces other items, the deserter displaces the player over long distances if multiple ppl use it. This would mean the deserter follows the same theme if it were to pick up items and deliver them to the player because it is displacing them. Besides, klei can probably do whatever they want with the thing, or give another item this function. I only suggested it because it's killing two birds with one stone.

1) Solo Lazy Deserter Usage.

2) Faster way to harvest and pickup so that less time is spent holding space.

The lazy deserter is acquired in the later-game (summer in normal play). So having a building to harvest grass and/or pick up logs will only improve the QOL of the player and not infringe upon the survival of first setting up.

4 hours ago, WoodieMain45684 said:

Orange gems appear to be about displacement, the staff displaces you, the amulet displaces other items, the deserter displaces the player over long distances if multiple ppl use it. This would mean the deserter follows the same theme if it were to pick up items and deliver them to the player because it is displacing them. Besides, klei can probably do whatever they want with the thing, or give another item this function. I only suggested it because it's killing two birds with one stone.

1) Solo Lazy Deserter Usage.

2) Faster way to harvest and pickup so that less time is spent holding space.

The lazy deserter is acquired in the later-game (summer in normal play). So having a building to harvest grass and/or pick up logs will only improve the QOL of the player and not infringe upon the survival of first setting up.

oh boy, solo usage would be the update of my dreams,would save me so much time 

Im 100% up for a structure that would do something like this but im not sure it needs to me tacked onto the lazy deserter. I think it should remain a player teleporting structure, an already very powerful functionality. There are mods in the workshop that allows solo players to 'leave behind' a shadow of themselves to teleport back to by using one of antlions stones. 

Archived