Is Don't Starve Together worth it? (PS4)

I do plan to play it online/local co-op, but does it has a singleplayer mode? if so, what's the diference from the original game?

I have the PS3 RoG version, and i've got the normal game for free with the ps4 upgrade, but it doesn't has local coop, is it worth it?

Definitely. DST is separate from original Don't Starve and has a ton of its own content that is still seeing new releases. There's no single player mode but you can always play solo in your world. You can even start your world alone and open it for others to join if you change your mind. There is local coop too, but skins (and characters) will not be shared with all players on the console. Only the PSN account that unlocked them can use them. All in all, GET IT. You won't be disappointed. 

dst is only 'worth it' if you find things in it that you know you want. personally i think so because there are clothing options and unique recipes and it is hard in a way the single-player just isn't but that is only my reasons. the actual question that you should ask is; does this have features i want and cannot have with solo?

Xbox one player here but my input should still matter-

I main Wendy, Abigail on Solo DS is super super super annoyingly dumb..

Abigail on DST is so amazing and awesome and it is really really hard to go back to single player don’t starve to struggle with “Less Smart” Abigail.

The same could be said for ANY Character who has been reworked- they're all getting new gameplay features in their DST refreshes, fleshing them out and making them even more unique.. Woodies Additional Wereforms, Willow wrecking shadows with Bernie.. all of that is content exclusive to DST.

In addition to that, Klei updates DST every month with something new.. no matter how big or small that update is you can always expect something, until they announce their done doing monthly updates.

Could be a new set of skins, a large chunk of dlc, a new mini-game, character rework, limited time themed event, small tweaks to existing content, whatever the case may be.. the game is being kept interesting with something each month.

You can play DST split screen but only player 1 will have access to characters and skins.

You can play DST Alone but (currently) there is no way to adjust the game to accommodate for that, although I am campaigning hard to get that changed by having boss difficulty sliders and other small QoL updates for the Solo Gamer.

The game can be played Online with up to 6 players total and you can customize your characters, belongings, and the world around you with cool skins and cosmetics, which is something solo DS probably will never have.

The ONLY thing that prevents DST from being the true superior DS game experience is it’s lack of Adventures Mode and DLC add on’s Shipwrecked and Hamlet.

But.. I think all Wendy Mains will agree with me when I say we would much rather play with less frustrating DST version Abigail.

On 7/28/2020 at 3:02 PM, thorcaption5 said:

I do plan to play it online/local co-op, but does it has a singleplayer mode? if so, what's the diference from the original game?

I have the PS3 RoG version, and i've got the normal game for free with the ps4 upgrade, but it doesn't has local coop, https://19216811.cam/ https://1921681001.id/  https://jpgtopdf.onl/ 
is it worth it?

There's a lot of mechanic changes, new things, and hostile mobs have 2x the amount of health to compensate for more people. It'd be hard to go over everything, but theres videos you can watch to cover updates.

Archived