Lightly modded colony from December 2019 - is it salvageable? Why are mods deactivating? Also, why is my FPS like +30 more?!

Last December I stopped playing my ONI colony due to massive FPS issues. I was getting like 15 FPS on speed 3 which basically played like jaggedy speed 1 and was pretty much no fun, especially due to upcoming projects all being rather big and long-term. So I let it be to wait for a new PC.

I don't have a new PC yet but my mom does and I wanted to get my save there to check it out. I opened it on my PC and I got mods crying murder at me. I restarted the game and about half of them were deactivated - including very simple stuff like decorative tiles. I generally had a very light mod loadout but something must've changed and that's my question here - what has changed that seems to have murdered so many tiny mods for an old save? Was there some huge update? And if so, can I save the colony somehow or is it done for since the game refuses to launch with those mods on?

I'm not a 100% on how the mod system works here. Usually games allow me to launch with any mods I got, only later stuff goes to hell :D

And on a much more positive note - what's up with the FPS? I left strugging due to getting 15FPS and now I let the colony go for like 5 minutes to test and it was staying at 40-45 FPS. Any huge updates to that over the past months? If so then good job Klei cause it sure did make a difference :)

Man, dare I get hyped for the DLC?!

Hi and WB ellilea!

I never played with mods so I can't help you on the mod subject 

Game had major performance updates and much more and DLC was confirmed but no real ETA... if you are interested in details I recommend you read the last couple patch notes on the forum. 

Some months ago there was a "major" performance patch that had no effect on my games. On the other hand, the third last and second last minor patches gained me a net 20-25 FPS. So yeah, there were major performance improvements scattered over the last patches! Very well done by klei

3 hours ago, Ellilea said:

And on a much more positive note - what's up with the FPS? I left strugging due to getting 15FPS and now I let the colony go for like 5 minutes to test and it was staying at 40-45 FPS. Any huge updates to that over the past months? If so then good job Klei cause it sure did make a difference :)

There was a lot of performance work done. Even the preview versions with all the debug code are now playable. 

3 hours ago, Ellilea said:

Man, dare I get hyped for the DLC?!

Definitely!

Archived