One question

Just now, ArubaroBeefalo said:

and what? you asked about a mechanic and i answere. If you want to prevent this just stop him before he unpaste the patches

Thank you for explaining to me what I was asking about, because before that it seemed to me that my question was whether this statement was too cruel towards the player.

11 minutes ago, 0rutyna0 said:

Thank you for explaining to me what I was asking about, because before that it seemed to me that my question was whether this statement was too cruel towards the player.

you asked if was intended and i ask yes, that doesnt mean that i think is fair

On 7/20/2020 at 1:16 PM, Well-met said:

Don't mind ArubaroBeefalo.

yes the consensus seems to be Wavy Jones is a little overkill, and it is safe to expect Klei will do something about it soon.

I hope not, lol they want to add harder content for more experienced players, and We have no idea what the final scope of Return of Them will be... but I can imagine since THEM is Returning and THEM is the biggest lore point in this franchises existence- That it will be a pretty big deal.

And if my assumptions end up correct, then Klei intended building a boat and going sailing to be Tied in with this “End Game” Content, if they made Wavey a lot easier to deal with.. he no longer provides a challenge.

and until we know the full Depth (pun fully intended) of Return of Them... we can’t possibly ask for nerfs to content we DON’T knows full purpose.

For all you know they could probably have plans to create a shadow manipulator boat mast upgrade that prevents Wavey from being able to attack your boat. A high Investment Item.. that only experienced players will know how to build.

This does two things actually-

It allows an experienced player to experience new harder game content.

AND it prevents Under Experienced players from just building a boat and sailing to harder game content that’s intended for more Experienced players.. 

For all we know Waveys Entire design could be to teach NEWBIE players the importance of managing their Sanity, because Future Return of them Updates are going to demand it..

This even holds true with WALTER, Who continuously loses Sanity if his health isn’t Topped off.

Could you imagine.. if a Newbie SPAWNED on Lunar Island as their starting game location?

Maybe that’s Why Wavey wrecks people who can’t deal with him’s stuffs.. to prevent those Newbie players from going where Klei knows they aren’t prepared to be yet.

Archived