needing advice from (only)wormwood players

I played Wormwood for over 500 days with a Wolfgang friend. While the combat was easier, I nonetheless got experience playing this little tree.

Starting early, play more careful, try not to get hit as much as possible. Always wear protection before engaging. Manure only restores 2 health and nothing has yet rot for you to start making compost wraps. Don't cut your arm if you have no way to heal what you just lost. But on the upside, red mushrooms and monster meat are good food. The sanity lost from the monster meat could easily be regained.

An evergreen reduces your sanity, but drops two pinecones allowing you to regain more than you lost. Wormwood is very flexible with his sanity. Allowing easy management and recovery after boss fights.

Healing salves require rocks, glands. and ashes. Which frankly seems quite expensive even if they provide 20 health. I decided to hasten in acquiring bee boxes and create papyrus as my main source of healing within combat. Wherever you decide to build your bee boxes, put them even further than when you normally do. Later on you could use jellybeans for big boss fights such as re-killing the dragonfly and the fuelweaver itself.

Since you can plant seeds anywhere and those come in abundance. You can easily mass farm anything. If you're playing with friends, a dragon fruit garden will make you popular among the cool kids. But otherwise if you're alone, pumpkins are great to be eaten raw and can be cooked into pumpkin cookies for sanity. Not that you'll ever need them, but a bonus nonetheless.

In spring, you will starve. Have an abundance of food. Crops are likely to not be enough. You can take the gamble of making monster lasagna or bacon and eggs, lasagna doesn't fill you up but it doesn't reduce your health. Bacon and eggs were always great. Preparing for spring as wormwood is like preparing for winter as other characters. Treat it as spring is the month before your hibernation starts if you're a bear, if you think you have enough food. You don't. 150 hunger loss in one day is significant. I had to pause as I fought dragonfly and toadstool because I almost starved. The movement speed is great, but always watch your belly. I'm making it sound worse than it actually is, it isn't close to the end of the world. But it's something to always keep in your mind. You'll also have to watch out for bees. They'll find you wherever you are.

In summer, I haven't tested if flingomatics will keep your crops up since we always had meat to fill our daily needs. But that could prove useful for your farms if they work. I had a sista lean to eventually to restore heatlh as a cheaper source instead of trying to get more reeds for enough papyrus to heal any minor wound. It's best to keep consumables for mid action while the tent for arm cutting or after battle recovery.

The best thing about wormwood is his production of bramble husks. You only need one and harvesting cactus will become a recurring ritual. Nothing is greater than plucking cactus without getting hurt. Great sanity, great summer healing properties for friends. Everybody can wear it and do the job themselves. Even as an addition, you can even use it to gather spiky bushes for twigs.

To sum it up. Your healing item would be honey poultice, have enough food for spring. Plant seeds and make a big garden. And finally have enough food for spring.

15 minutes ago, Ryde said:

supa snip!

so despite being told several times about the health drain i think you are the only one who made me understand it by comparing it to winter. i always start spring because it is the season i am most comfortable with(aggressive bees are quite useful for non-combative gathering since they do the work and they also keep you on your toes remembering cool-down timers and not getting hit by dumb damage) but i think i might actually try autumn first since that gives me time for veg forage then when winter rolls around meat forage

this will be interesting though since i do not intend to go off of my habit of a long spring to make up for no summer though i might shorten my winter to a normal one x''D

Use Eye Plants! They don't attack Wormwood. Plant a bunch of fleshy bulbs near spider dens, attack the nest and then run around the eye plants. It will be spiders vs. eyes, and you can easily help out the plant side for an easier win. Also the eyes collect all the drops for you. The disadvantage being the meat will then be half-spoiled.

Archived