Petroleum boiler does not work - crude oil mysteriously vanishes

Hello,

I made a boiler to turn crude oil into petroleum in one of my saves after the latest update, and the crude oil mysteriously disappears - no vapor, no nothing - after it pours out of its vent in the boiler - see the video for details. Did some mechanic change so much that this is normal and there is a new method to do it, or should I file a bug?

Thanks!

16 minutes ago, Sculpur said:

the crude oil mysteriously disappears

Can you provide a material overlay?  You are on x3 speed, so any changes that happen will be hard to detect.  I suspect your crude oil is entering the room, instantly partial phase changes to petro (in 0.2 s), which then instantly partial evaporates to sour gas (in another 0.2s).  

I would be willing to open your save and look at this one. You can also diagnose the issue by slowing to x1 speed, and then rapidly unpausing/pausing the game (if you don't have debug enabled). The liquid heads somewhere (or disappears).  If it is truly disappearing, the this example may help isolate some matter deletion bugs. 

5 minutes ago, mathmanican said:

Can you provide a material overlay?  You are on x3 speed, so any changes that happen will be hard to detect.  I suspect your crude oil is entering the room, instantly partial phase changes to petro (in 0.2 s), which then instantly partial evaporates to sour gas (in another 0.2s).  

I would be willing to open your save and look at this one. You can also diagnose the issue by slowing to x1 speed, and then rapidly unpausing/pausing the game (if you don't have debug enabled). The liquid heads somewhere (or disappears).  If it is truly disappearing, the this example may help isolate some matter deletion bugs. 

Checked the first time, no sour gas in the tank whatsoever. I moved the vent around, added dry walls in case they changed how encapsulation works with the background wall, nothing helped. Checked and confirmed that virtually the same mechanism is fine with other liquids such as water.

You can find the video on 1x with material overlay and my save file attached to this post.

Icedale.sav

For me your save is severely damaged. You have void tiles around your whole crude impact point, and on many other tiles in near vicinity. As void tiles should only be on tiles with space exposure and no background buildings, there is something badly wrong.

Void.thumb.png.e6cb7651b8ec321dcbe82e40f9f56c1d.png

3 minutes ago, TripleM999 said:

For me your save is severely damaged. You have void tiles around your whole crude impact point, and on many other tiles in near vicinity. As void tiles should only be on tiles with space exposure and no background buildings, there is something badly wrong.

Void.thumb.png.e6cb7651b8ec321dcbe82e40f9f56c1d.png

Argh, thanks, I must have screwed these up in debug mod. Painted these with vacuum and it's fine now, this one is one me :D.

Archived