Pokeshell Murder Ranch Help

So I made an automated ranch for my pokeshells. Since they don't drown in water and take ages to die naturally, I added a murderpit heated by magma to the right. I originally only used magma, but it cooled down too quickly and often solidiied requiring too much maintenance to fix. Since magma doesn't have a high SHC I switched to liquid aluminum, which does and also a lower freezing point which solved that issue. However now that it's up and running continually a new issue I'm having is that the crude oil that I'm using to cool the conveyor loader would occasionally vaporize into sour gas. This would usually happen if something like 5 pokeshells went into the murder pit in quick succession. Not sure what's causing it. I could lower the temperature of the molten aluminum (currently the thermostat is set at around 1100 C), but then the TTK would increase. Any suggestions on how to improve this?

Oni Pokeshell Ranch.jpg

Oni Pokeshell Ranch Automation Layer.jpg

2 hours ago, blennus said:

Not sure what's causing it.

My guess: The hot meat that you are extracting is interacting with 300g of crude.  One option could be to use Naptha (you can stack it to 39.999kg without it pushing sideways). However, that will slowly heat up as well. The mass should help even things out. A conductive wire bridge connecting the petro to your weight plate would bring in cooling, to offset this. 

pokeshell.thumb.png.35ae89a55b156f8947ccabad9c6a7384.png

I made the test a long time ago and haven't tame any pokeshell since then, pacu provide too much lime.

The purpose of this design is to get both small and big molt out of a baby pokeshell.

The kill room can accept eggs too, as it don't care about temperature.

Gas inside the drop-off room is hydrogen, must be above 2kg/title.

Target temperature of the petroleum pool is 115C.

Default body temperature of pokeshell is 20C :hatched baby pokeshell temperature is 20C despite the egg temperature, or once it grown up the temperature is reset to 20C too.

Once put inside the room, the pokeshell body temperature will slowly rise up to 100, by the time the baby pokeshell grows up, it's body temperature reached 98C, then reset to 20 as an adult pokeshell and get cooked, and die in the next 5 cycles.

By the time the pokeshell body temperature reach -30C or 100C it will die, instantly.

You may not agree with the on/off signal abuse on the tepizider, but i hope you get the idea.

Freezing them also and option but you need to find the ideal temperature, and the gas/liquid you should use ....

8 hours ago, mathmanican said:

My guess: The hot meat that you are extracting is interacting with 300g of crude.  One option could be to use Naptha (you can stack it to 39.999kg without it pushing sideways). However, that will slowly heat up as well. The mass should help even things out. A conductive wire bridge connecting the petro to your weight plate would bring in cooling, to offset this. 

Oh, I didn't know that naptha could stack to such a large amount. I'll definitely try that and  see if it works. Thanks!

What's strange is that when I look in the temperature overlay, the conveyor loader never gets hot enough to boil the crude oil, even when shipping the 1200C igneous rock that's from the lava that's used to maintain the molten aluminum's temperature. Can the contents of the loader directly interact with the liquid in the tile? I didn't think that was the case, which makes this all the more baffling.

I even have a radiant pipe with cold polluted water from a cold slush geyser going behind that that I added, so it always starts subzero when it's being loaded with materials. Most of the time it's fine, But look away for a few cycles and occasionally it's poofed.

@MinhPham Interesting, but I found that hydrogen's low TC really hurst the TTK for the pokeshells, and I need them dead asap. My potato computer can't handle lots of critters, so the best way to get lime from a minimum number of critters seems like pokeshells. I want them dead as quickly as possible, and I did lots of tests to see what liquid kills fastest. Gaseous Hydrogen takes 3.5x longer to kill than any liquid with TC above 0.6 at the same temperature so that's out unfortunately. Killing in 5 cycles vs killing in 70ish seconds is a big difference.

15 minutes ago, blennus said:

look away for a few cycles and occasionally it's poofed.

Looks like the same issue @oconzer reported and @my_hat_stinks had (Or at least related). Off screen stuff is hard to trace. Maybe there is a debris flaking mechanic that only affects offscreen stuff....

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, blennus said:

Oh, I didn't know that naptha could stack to such a large amount.

Just multiply min horizontal flow by 4 to find the stackable mass. You can find min horizontal flow at @f4rtux's amazing site https://oni-db.com/ .  Details are in the spoiler for how to get the multiply by 4 part.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, mathmanican said:

Looks like the same issue @oconzer reported and @my_hat_stinks had (Or at least related). Off screen stuff is hard to trace. Maybe there is a debris flaking mechanic that only affects offscreen stuff....

Ah, I think I figured it out. I'm guessing that the heat from the hot igneous is concentrated on the conveyor rail loader tile when offscreen, as mentioned in the offscreen conveyor mechanics thread.

Apparently that bug was fixed... Hrm, not sure why it's happening. I'm in testing now that I switched to around 40kg of naptha. Lets see how that goes.

Also thanks for the Hydrodynamics link. I'll definitely read it.

Apparently switching to 40kg of naphtha was enough to prevent any sour gas from being made. Just tested for around 20+ cycles, keeping it off-screen just in case that was an issue, and it all worked out. Thanks!

Archived