Bleed Cards

I think there are two bleed cards which look underpowered for me, I looked for another topic on Suggestions for the game but could'nt find any, if this belongs to any other already existing topic please redirect me to there. So the thing is, first of all, the Spree card which Nadan gives Sal that lets you "Improvise a random bleed card" should make the card cost 0 that turn. My point is being 1 cost makes it difficult to play because you must use it as the first card on your turn (in case it draws a 2 cost Abbility you would like to use), but even if you don't use it first, you're never gonna be able to play that as a last resource bc when you're at 1 energy you won't be able to cast the card it generates. I also thought not about making the improvised card 0 cost that turn (which is potentially incredible for 2 energy Abbilities) but to make the card itself 0 cost and maintain the cost on the improvised one (that way you could even use that as the last card on your turn and still get to play a 1 cost card it generates).

The other card I think is underpowered is Savage Lacerate, comparing it to Boosted it just adds one more bleed with the condition of the enemy needing to have more bleed. They both do the same raw dmg too. I think maybe a good upgrade for that card could be getting it to do more bleed (and in case it could lead to op things, you could make it like 1-2 dmg but maybe 8/9 bleed, or even no dmg and 10 bleed). That way if you rely on a real heavy bleed build you really have a reason to choose one instead of the other, now it is more a risk than a reward.

I will be posting more things I see throughout my playthrough, but I'm enjoying the game a lot right now! :D

Agree on both counts. I would change Savage Lacerate to “double bleed count on target”. Same notion, but actually good in some decks. Right now the only point of Savage Lacerate is to penalise you for taking the Quick Strap Boss graft.

that could lead to a bit of an extreme op thing by having just 2 or 3 on the deck. I think doubling bleed is more of a unique card than an upgrade for Lacerate. It could be a gold tier card with Expend.

I disagree about Savage Lacerate. It simply has an other kind of use. If you have the Bloody Mess graft or simply other good sources of bleed (lots of bleed cards, a pet that applies bleed or other bleed-related grafts), there's no reason to pick Boosted Lacerate.

Boosted Lacerate is arguably the best way to stack bleed for Sal. It makes no sense to trade that consistency for marginally more bleed, if it means you now need worse sources of bleed to activate its effect in the first place. Pets are not the answer here, for multiple reasons. It would have to be a lot stronger before this trade makes any sense.

And sure, Savage Lacerate is better if you have Bloody Mess, but that graft actually encourages a different kind of bleed deck than the one Lacerate does (Gash/Hemophage/Snap Talon, rather than Hemorrhage/Arterial Scanner/Leech, etc).

I've played like 20 bleed decks now and I say that through the consistency of my games, I have found the card so underpowered in many occasions (even when having Bleed related grafts, 1 more isn't enough sorry, even if you had 3 of that card, its just 3 more added in total, not worth it given the fact sometimes you might wanna initiate the bleed on a new target and you won't be able to do that with Savage Lacerate.

I agree that Nadan's card that improvises the upgraded blood card needs to be buffed (e.g. it needs to cost 0 or the card it improvises needs to cost 1 less). I feel like it would be more interesting of a card if it were to do something like be a one-use card that you use that permanently adds an upgraded rare bleed card to your deck.

I don't agree at all however that savage lacerate is bad. I literally always choose this upgrade. If I'm running a bleed deck, getting bleed on someone is almost never a problem and I just want more bleed for more synergy. I think it's fine power wise. It's never seemed too weak to me.

I won my first game with bleed. By the time it built up steam after I'd gone all in on bleed cards the details didn't really matter. It felt like once the engine was running any extra bleed was a nice bonus. With the reduced bleed decay graft it just melted everyone. It can definitely work.

Archived