I want more creativity in Walter's ammunition

Nobody has mentioned this, but I think the thing that I personally find most disappointing about Walter is the lack of creativity in his ammunition.  

His ammunition is just generic magic rocks. Even worse is that they are "recycling" powers that belong to already existing items in the game, e.g. Shadow Tentacles from the Thulecite Club (this is where things start to feel like a mod). Re-using effects and packaging them as new in a new character is really lame. 

I want some more creativity in the items Walter can shoot. I want ammunition that fits his character. There's nothing in Walter's character that suggests he's magical, so why does he have magical pellets? He could shoot like flaming pine cones or shoot bee mines (which would add a challenge as he's allergic). 

Just something a bit more interesting than "magic rock does random magic thing". I want something that's more original and fits his "Home Alone" crafting abilities. 

1 hour ago, Squirrel12 said:

His ammunition is just generic magic rocks. Even worse is that they are "recycling" powers that belong to already existing items in the game, e.g. Shadow Tentacles from the Thulecite Club (this is where things start to feel like a mod). Re-using effects and packaging them as new in a new character is really lame.

"Strange new powers" - can't that really be said about rest of cast (sans Wilson)? Wickerbottom allegedly was a librarian yet in DS/T context she's more of a witch. Willow just a random (pyromaniac) orphan turned fire immune and able to make an innate object (Bernie) come to life as some huge magical guardian (BERNIE!). Etc. Walter's normal rocks now are infused with Constant's proprieties - and sure enough are based on existing magical established elements like marble, gems and so on - to contextualize it in Constant's lore and established main magical areas / rules. If Walter used some never-before-seen exotic materials and new magic, people will complain is not lore-accurate. Sure one can underline Walter got too many things going on for him, making him seem "all over the place" ("modded character"). Like the breaking of Woodie's beaver curse into 3 separate forms with particular utilities: a "veterans" minority too entrenched in his Status Quo got upset. And is natural with change certain oppositions to emerge.

Archived