Iv'e found a massive texture bug. How can this be fixed, and what causes this?

Iv'e found a massive texture bug. How can this be fixed, and what causes this?
This bug is visible on ALMOST every single character mod out there. Its like white "dots" that come and go on characters while they do an animation or just simply stands still. The easiest way for me to show you is by posting a character mod (below) that has the most visible glitch, (but this texture glitch exists on a lot of character mods and even some item mods).
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=845678302&searchtext=unbroken

Install that above mod put on the hat and turn the character to the right OR turn him around so that you can see the back of the hat/head. The texture bug will be visible a lot on the HAT. But here's the thing, this bug is actually extremely common for almost every mod when a texture is moving (like clothing or a character), but its NOT as visible as the above mod. Even reign of Runt has this glitch, ive asked him about it and he thinks it must be a recent texture rendering problem. But then why does KLEI's vanilla characters not have this at all, and why have I seen this problem for years?

PS: If you want to learn more read the comments from Reign of Runts, cause that's where I wrote about the texture glitch even more.

Edited by NamelessName
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, --- -.- said:

ya this bug happens for years now and only seems to happen with mod stuff its very sad :(

I am glad I am not the only one who have paid attention to this.

Is klei aware of this problem? I mean its kinda huge IMO.

idk if they are, but since this bug happening for almost the entire game's lifespan and only mod stuff get this problem i doubt it will ever get fixed or looked into

Edited by --- -.-

13 hours ago, IronHunter said:

Not sure if this is relevant from a google search, never tested it myself but he does make really nice mods.

I am pretty certain his mods are affected by those white dots as well, so not sure that's a fix. Also you shouldn't need to make the textures more low resolution (blurry) to fix it. But still, thank you for trying. I just dont understand how this glitch can STILL be here after this many years of developement from klei. Klei need to start making better tools for modders, since this glitch is probably some sort of rendering problem once we convert the textures into .tex files with their program. I am right now looking through every character mod I come across and notice that this visual bug is actually there for EVERY character so far. WTF.

14 hours ago, --- -.- said:

idk if they are, but since this bug happening for almost the entire game's lifespan and only mod stuff get this problem i doubt it will ever get fixed or looked into

I sincerely hope they try to fix this... This is insanely annoying.

Edited by NamelessName

9 hours ago, NamelessName said:

I am pretty certain his mods are affected by those white dots as well, so not sure that's a fix. Also you shouldn't need to make the textures more low resolution (blurry) to fix it. But still, thank you for trying. I just dont understand how this glitch can STILL be here after this many years of developement from klei. Klei need to start making better tools for modders, since this glitch is probably some sort of rendering problem once we convert the textures into .tex files with their program. I am right now looking through every character mod I come across and notice that this visual bug is actually there for EVERY character so far. WTF.

I sincerely hope they try to fix this... This is insanely annoying.

ya its very annoying, I have this issue too its particularly noticeable with night vision or weird filters like sanity active.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IronHunter said:

ya its very annoying, I have this issue too its particularly noticeable with night vision or weird filters like sanity active.

Good. Lets rally more people. Modders cant avoid this problem with our present tools (some can live with it though, but I cant).

Edited by NamelessName
  • Like 1

Hmm so I have been doing some experimenting and I extracted one of my characters textures via matt's tools then recreated it using the texcreator but I checked pre-multiply alpha and this fixed the fuzzy white edges on textures, and overwritten the one in the .zip folder with my recreated atlas. I wonder if there is a way to make the modtools do this automatically because having to do this manually for each and every single mod texture is going to be grueling.
I tested this for a custom character and a custom item for that character, and it definitely doesn't have the fuzzy outline like my other mod characters and items have.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, IronHunter said:

Hmm so I have been doing some experimenting and I extracted one of my characters textures via matt's tools then recreated it using the texcreator but I checked pre-multiply alpha and this fixed the fuzzy white edges on textures, and overwritten the one in the .zip folder with my recreated atlas. I wonder if there is a way to make the modtools do this automatically because having to do this manually for each and every single mod texture is going to be grueling.
I tested this for a custom character and a custom item for that character, and it definitely doesn't have the fuzzy outline like my other mod characters and items have.

It wontt fix the white small dots though, sadly (which is a different thing we cant avoid). But at least its a fix for the fuzzy white edges :)

• Like 1

On 6/18/2020 at 10:12 AM, Cunning fox said:

I thought I was the only one who noticed them! These white dots are so annoying

Thanks for another confirmation. KLEI fix this.. Come one.

I started this bug thread, guys feel free report in that thread as well.