Save values set in console

I can
TUNING.SPIDER_HEALTH = 110
in console to change spider health to 110 (default is 100).
print(TUNING.SPIDER_HEALTH)
shows that value is changed.

But after game reload all values are set back to default. print(TUNING.SPIDER_HEALTH) shows 100.

How can I save these values to current game?

you need to write that in a (personal tuning) mod

for your modmain.lua

function custom_tuning()
    TUNING["SPIDER_HEALTH "] = 110
end

AddGamePostInit(custom_tuning)
AddSimPostInit(custom_tuning)

I dont know which of the to add functions are right, I use both.

Mod wouldn't do it, because values should be changed often during game. I want to increase monster values randomly little by little so that I have reason to hurry and hop worlds. Actually, mod for this would be great, but it is far beyond my capabilities.

I figirued you can save and just copy-past all your settings in bulk every time game is loaded. It is fine, I was afraid I need to do it line by line.

It is strange that they don't need any delimiter, it works even without new line.

You could make a function calling the season to increase monster health after each season change... but this would reset after you logged out.  If you made monster health dependent on the #day, say tenday = day/10 and monster health = 100 + tenday*X then monster health would increase by X for each 10 days spent in that world... could also do it exponentially which would really make you move!

Archived