Compiler not creating .zip file in character anim folder

I have been intending to toy a bit with the Extended Character Sample mod but have been unable to mess with the textures. For some reason, the compiler is not creating the character.zip nor the ghost.zip. I have made sure all of the exported files are present, I have made multiple mod folders, all from the base esctemplate mod, and tried different times, since the first attempts were a bit messy in regards to the rest of the changes, so I wasn't sure if it was something else. I attached a picture of the error just in case, but it's pretty clear it is the missing .zip files. I've looked for other people with the same issues, but what I've read nobody is really sure and it's sort of an issue that at some point solves itself? I don't know, I'm really confused. I honestly don't know what could be causing the compiler to not work. Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

Screenshot.PNG

A quick question, but a useful test is to see if you can open the spriter file. If there is missing images then the file will fail to open, and if it fails to open then it will not compile.

A easy way to make sure images are correct is to open the spriter file in a text editor and see if your folders and images match the naming scheme with what in the editor. You can ofc rename them in the spriter file, but if you aren't savvy to how spriter works then I don't advise that.

Edit:

I also suggest trying @CarlZalphmethod of running the autocompiler directly, it is possible the compiler might be blocked by antivirus or having path issues. This is about all I can do to troubleshoot with the information available

Edited by IronHunter
Edit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for your help! It'd seem that I was foolishly omitting the fact that the autocompiler was not opening up at all, when that would've cleared up a lot I believe (something to keep in mind for the myriad of errors I'm probably going to run into in the future). It was indeed a path issue, thanks @IronHunter! Mod tools wasn't finding my DST files. Once I uninstalled and reinstalled it correctly it worked like a charm!

Here's the succesful test result : - )

Monster.PNG.a1c1c113c15a8965bb59d0b2e231281e.PNG

Edited by JohnnyTwoEyes
Just clarifying a bit :-)
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/3/2020 at 12:57 PM, IronHunter said:

A quick question, but a useful test is to see if you can open the spriter file. If there is missing images then the file will fail to open, and if it fails to open then it will not compile.

Thanks a lot, dude!

I spent so much time searching and not knowing why didn't it just compile the goddamn sprite file and it was just this simple thing.....