Free Land of DST Art

EDIT:  False alarm, JoeW fixed the stream thread and we can post there again! Yay! So we don't really need another topic for weekly art challenges, which means I can go back to my original idea. So, this'll be my new art thread where I probably will be pretty lazily posting my DST related art. I've been wanting to create such a thread for a while now but because I'm too lazy/busy to be really productive I wasn't really sure if it's worth to create a thread. That's when I thought that maybe there are other people like me; people who like to create DST fan art but for some reason don't like the idea of creating their own topic, but still would like to show others what they've done. This topic is for you! Feel free to post here any DST themed piece of art you've made as long at it follows the forum guidelines and put it in a spoiler if you think it might be disturbing for some forumeers. Of course people who already have an art thread are welcome too!

ORIGINAL POST:

It seems like nobody else has created a thread like this so I'm doing it.

The Art Stream thread apparently got relocated in the Developer Log -forum which would mean that we no longer can post our submissions there, which imo is really sad. I've loved the weekly challenges even though I haven't got time to participate that often myself. I really hope Klei will eventually continue the streams and will reopen the old thread or create a new one for us, but meanwhile I'd like to keep the tradition alive and that's why I'm creating this topic. Plus I've been pondering for a while if I should create an art topic that's free for everyone where you could post your stuff even if you don't want to have your own personal thread and this seems like a good moment for that.

So guys, what do you think? Do you want to keep doing our own community challenges here at least until we get our streams back? The same old rules would apply, this week's topic was the seasonal fish, and we'll change that tomorrow on Tuesday.  Please stay on topic :)

Here's the original thread:

Edited by Mrklli
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Apparently I've got an art thread now, so I'm gonna open it with a Winter's Feast themed photo I took a few ages ago, because who wouldn't post such a pic in June? The main subject was the Penglet plush I knitted/crocheted, but it looked so lonely I threw a bunch of cosplay props and christmassy stuff there too to give it some balance. Now I kinda have to do another photoshoot for the rest of my props... I haven't been able to get it done yet even though it's been like 2 years since I did this first one. :'D

Penglet.thumb.png.7ff2d9c4e883cbf3c8c69e4aee40eba2.png

Also I found a photo of my old Ancient Guardian amigurumi from the same folder as the Penglet. I've already posted it on the forums but it's too cute to not repost, besides since it's the very first art thing I ever posted here it seems just fitting to celebrate my new thread with it.

1749210319_Ancientguardian.thumb.PNG.0d4b92700ae2908514bdcc0ef5838e47.PNG

I really like creating 3D-things, especially more or less authentic replicas of stuff I've seen in games or movies, using different techniques. I'll probably be making a whole bunch more in the future. ^^

I already said it on the first post of this thread but I'll say it again: it's totally ok for all of you to post your own art here if you want to. No stress, commitment or pressure to create your own thread and post stuff regularly to keep it live and prospering involved! Lol, maybe I'm the only one here who thinks having an art thread is like that... I like the official art stream thread so much because it's a place for everyone to show their art, but still I find it a bit restraining that every week we have to draw the same thing as everybody else. I perfectly understand why such a rule exists and community challenges are really fun too, but for years I've hoped we had another thread where people could post their art without such restrictions or having to create a topic for their own art only. I don't know if such a thread already exists and I just didn't find it when I searched for it (I would have created a profile here way earlier had I found it). Maybe I'm just the only one who even hoped such a thing exists? Anyway, here it is! You're all very welcome to join here.

Edited by Mrklli
  • Like 9

Today I walked like 2 hours around my neighborhood with a horrendous hay fever trying to find the perfect spot for taking photos of my latest art stream entrants. I had decided they absolutely need to be submerged in water but it was surprisingly hard to find a shallow, well lit pond or sea shore without too much algae, mud or random stuff floating around on the surface. Finally I found a nice stream and probably looked like a total idiot bending over there in the middle of a park almost falling in the water, trying to prevent my stones getting taken by the current. But I got my pictures! 10/10 would do it again. Also I got icecream so the sneezing part wasn't that bad.

Fish1.thumb.png.1bb16990e70fb20a493c6972c1c2c439.pngFish2.thumb.png.bb09ab6f93495a66382338fce443f445.pngFish3.thumb.png.2bbcb9581880d6742a5e6a811d10c3d3.pngFish4.thumb.png.97ae72fdd0c29b8373a10ed3154ce56a.png

And here are the seasonal fish out of water:

Fishies.thumb.png.bb0b7f0b44271c6e36bcf603a144798f.png

Edited by Mrklli
  • Like 10

Some of you might remember the ceramic carrat I was making a few months ago. I posted a couple of work-in-progress-pictures of her in the art stream thread and promised to edit my post when she's ready. Alas, then happened the Covid-19 outbreak and sadly my poor carrat got quarantined in the ceramics class with no way out. Last Monday she was finally able to have a taste of sweet freedom when we got a permission to come and fetch our completed works. And here she is now! Just happily sniffing around all the summery scents around her while taking her very first walk outside. <3

carrat3.thumb.png.ef63bfd7c5c945123c8aa909002da7f2.png

• Like 7