got scammed etc [edit: solved, got acc back]

recently i fell for a old scam (link embed) that i didnt know of previously, and remembered the forums exist so if anyone has me added https://steamcommunity.com/id/beeablah/ you can remove me or report the account. ive contacted steam support from another account but i dont know if that will do anything.

i love this game and community very dearly, even if has been quite a long time since i last interacted. it has one of the best fanbases ive ever seen and almost everyone is respectful, and has been almost the only game ive played for a long time with (now lost) 2.000+ hours on it and a total of i-have-no-idea-how-much money invested on skins 

im unfamiliar with the forums and stupid for falling for this so forgive me if this thread was pointless.

thanks for taking the time to read this. 

So the steps that you need to do is too:You will be prompted 

1) Is to go to Steam Support

2) Click "My steam account was stolen and I need help recovering it"

3) Go to the bottom and click "Change my password"

4) Put in a random valid email, just something to prompt the action "Search with my account name"

5) Search your account name

6) Put in a steam password recover steam ticket with as much information as possible and hope for the best

ex) If you want to help your case, put in "Hey my account was stolen" and it might push 

It sucks that this has happened to you, but calm and reason will help you get your account back, not panic. If you want to be even more secure, add the steam mobile guard to help protect you.

People these days on the internet are noobs. i got scammed and lost my account 2 times and my account still had all the stuff. either im just lucky or scammers are literally to dumb. even if you dont play the most infamous games around here, dst still counts as a valuable gem for those scammers. (edit): dst has skins that are worth the scammers time even if you think they just look silly.

quarantine gets us all.

2 minutes ago, Beablah said:

Got it back! im glad steam support was quick to act on this one, thanks for those wo gave tips :D

You did!? Listen to me right now, please put phone authenticator on, immediately, change your password to a safer one, and NEVER EVER share your password with anyone! Even if they claim to be admins... 

6 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

You did!? Listen to me right now, please put phone authenticator on, immediately, change your password to a safer one, and NEVER EVER share your password with anyone! Even if they claim to be admins... 

secondary, since my topic got quoted and i feel i created a monster of people talking about getting scammed...

basically, just as much as don't share a password, don't share a steam sent code to them. I.E. if they say they need you to give them a code that got sent to your email, they're trying to change your password or something along those lines.

we've just got to ride this out until the quarantine ends, that's when the hesh-foresaken scams, bots, etc SHOULD slow down. keyword, SHOULD.

7 minutes ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

secondary, since my topic got quoted and i feel i created a monster of people talking about getting scammed...

basically, just as much as don't share a password, don't share a steam sent code to them. I.E. if they say they need you to give them a code that got sent to your email, they're trying to change your password or something along those lines.

we've just got to ride this out until the quarantine ends, that's when the hesh-foresaken scams, bots, etc SHOULD slow down. keyword, SHOULD.

yeah, i knew about the "never share password" but had no idea about not sharing codes until now. looking back it should have been very obvious, but it was early morning and im not very bright 

Archived