Tweak my base schematics

I'm in late game Rime metal rich as well. And I don't think you'll need smooth hatches unless you go for the achievement.

Until mid game and even beyond, the need to melt the ice pockets around your base is a very good opportunity to use the metal refinery very early. The heat it generates will actually help you so you might not need smooth hatches at all.

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

Mainly for early mode when I'm trying to just start.

But what is the problem? You can easily avoid loud sleepers to wake up other dupes if you use schedules or put them in a cot that is 2 tiles away.

I've split my beds up into 4 rooms with up to 3 beds each, 1 toilet and sink per 3 beds, and just have 3 shifts so there's never more than 1 dupe asleep in each bedroom. That avoids the noisy sleeper issue and comfy beds are right next to each other.

14 minutes ago, minespatch said:

So I should make three restrooms?

My design might not be efficient (I'm a noob) but what I have is a door, then 3 comfy beds, another door, and then sink and toilet. No door in the back of the bathroom. Each dupe in that room is assigned to a different shift, so any any given downtime there's only 1 dupe per toilet/sink combo. So right now I have 12 dupes split into 4 bedrooms, and a total of 4 toilets and sinks. Perhaps it's more efficient to have all toilets/sinks bunched in one spot, I'm still looking for layouts of more mature bases. I'm only at cycle 435 right now and haven't reached space or even tamed the magma biome, just easing my way along. But the newly installed aquatuner cooling my base is working great!  8)

Archived