Hi Everyone!

Long time lurker, first time poster! Thanks for everyone who posts on here, I check all the time if I have any questions or look at updates.Also, NSAiswatching us- you post on every single thread :) 

Anyways...

I play this game on PS4 with my Fiancee and our friend. We have been playing since the game came out on PS4. We can survive, pretty much indefinitely, but we really want to do all the content in the game.

The issue is... we can't kill any of the bosses! We can kill the deerclops easily, but not the toadstool, bee queen, ETC.

I always play as Wendy, the other 2 both play as Wigfrid for combat... so shouldn't it be easy? We make sure everyone has 2 sets of log armors & gold spear or ham bats with gold helms. And everyone has a few healing salves/bandages. Abigail can tank if either of the wigfrids need a break.. but our armor always breaks, we run out of healing stuff, or someone dies. (Or queen bee gets away and heals all her health). 

It seems like everyone on here has no problem, and I think we should be able to kill the bosses by now. Does anyone have some tips for us?

Thanks in advance :)

For Toadstool i'd suggest going to the Lunar Isles and getting a bunch of glass axes, they allow you to chop down trees in fewer swings which helps ALOT with Toads Mushtrees. Dark Swords are a must as well.

I'd say your best bet is for you (Wendy) to handle chopping Mushtrees. Let the Wigfrids focus on attacking Toad, and let the Wigfrids have all the strongest weapons available. Wendy can still attack if there are no Mushtrees up at the moment.

From there watch some guides for info on iceboxes and stuff.

We personally cheesed MiseryToad with flings, but after watching someone do the fight solo I honestly think the flings just added a bunch of chaos and confusion. We also used a few Thulecite crowns, but they were wiped out pretty quick after Toad started her ground pound attacks. A whole mess of Wigfrid Battle Helms will serve you better I think.

Build a fire pit and some chests (and an icebox) a decent bit away from Toad, close enough to access during the fight, but far enough to avoid destruction (maybe like a screen and a half away from Toad).

You will want a Starcaller staff for light (and heat if you fight durning winter). Id probably suggest a winter time fight so you dont have to worry about rain or summer heat. Autumn would probably be a good time as well.

I'm currently walking out the door, the above feels a bit messy, when I get a chance I'll hop on here and clean up/clarify what needs it. GL

Edit: Also I can promise you, we had tons of problems with Toad and a bunch of other bosses lol. There is definitely a learning curve, but once you run the fights a few times and see where things go wrong you get a feel for it.

I'd actually like to see some options for the bosses, health etc.

My friends like the game but the end content is just too much for them to pursue, and there's only three of us.

Like I'd love to take on dragonfly with them, but at 27500 HP they'll never try. And many players like me have only one or two friends who play these days.

And not just sliders to lower difficulty, to increase too. Like double health deerclops or 2750 hp dragonfly would be awesome.

I'd definitely suggest checking out YouTube. There are tons of different guides for all the bosses.

For DFly, you can build a stone wall box right on the edge of her magma pools and fight her within. This blocks the larva when they spawn, use a pan flute to sleep her when she enrages, bring a bit of armor, food, and heals.

I'm currently preoccupied so I can't go into more detail, but i'm sure someone can expand on this if needed.

Questions on any other bosses?

The bosses in DST are definitely no pushovers, but do some research and you will find that there are many different ways to tackle each. Preparation is the key to these fights, and knowing what strategy you are going to employ is important. Don't let the numbers dissuade you, Dragonfly is absolutely doable, and one of the easier of the -hard- bosses. I suggest using the single stone wall connecting two of the lava pools and extending them a bit past each. You can then run off his baby flies and focus on dishing out that damage. Absolutely watch videos on youtube. The main 4 seasonal bosses are each very killable, and not too tough. Clops you know, Moosegoose in Spring is really easy if you catch him before the babies hatch, otherwise it's still not that bad. Put the Goose down then deal with the goslings. The summer boss you can literally just stand in one spot and tank with a few helmets and some healing food. The Bearger is also pretty easy to clap, just get his timing down and have the obligatory helms and some form of healing. 

Check out some guides or wicki on some bosses to make sure you understand exactly how they work, how much hp they got and how to fight them properly. Then, for the first tries at least, overprepare a little. Have excess healing and excess armor, especially since you say that you run out of those. 

Once you will kill them once it will get much more easier. Dragonfly you should be able to kill easily with your team if you know how to make the walls and have a panflute. Moose/Goose, again i don't think she should trouble you 3, she only hits 1 target at a time and does not have that much hp, you just need to be aware and prepare when the mosslings transform, but you will get used to that too. Bearger is just a stronger Deerclops, you have to kite him kind of the same way, but the best use for him is to chop down forests untill treeguards kill him :).  BeeQueen i can understand giving you guys more trouble, but since you have Abigail she should be very helpful with the grumblebees, however i suggest watching a guide cause it really helps to understand her patterns in different phases. Same goes for the other bosses, Klaus and the cave bosses, you really have to understand their mechanics properly to fight them. And some practice :P . Goodluck!

Archived