QQ: Glass forge for creating natural tiles

Without knowing anything about your setup:

1. Insulate the molten glass: if it is resting on a metal tile or next to a tempshift, it may rapidly solidify before heating up your target algae/fertilizer.
  2. Don't use too much algae/fertilizer. In the above example: "Place 5kg algae per tile and set the valve to 2084 (25kg glass / 12)."

10 hours ago, nakomaru said:

Without knowing anything about your setup:

1. Insulate the molten glass: if it is resting on a metal tile or next to a tempshift, it may rapidly solidify before heating up your target algae/fertilizer.
  2. Don't use too much algae/fertilizer. In the above example: "Place 5kg algae per tile and set the valve to 2084 (25kg glass / 12)."

Let me add some important stress to this excellent advice - THE INSULATED TILES AS SHOWN ARE AN ABSOLUTE REQUIREMENT unless you like being very very frustrated.

Also, if you plan on actively liquid cooling the industrial farms you create this way, strongly consider the method which uses either sufficiently hot liquid or a metal refinery coolant with radiant pipes running through the natural tiles.  These pipes must stay in place through the natural tiles but you can connect them any way your want afterward as a buried cooling solution.

Here's what it looks like in action. Industrial farm for Frostburger production.  Top 3 levels are sleet wheat, bottom two levels are wort lettuce. I re-purposed the pipes I used to create the natural tiles as my cooling loop (Made them all radiant and did sime rerouting) and am currently pumping in supercoolant in a completely extravagant and wasteful way.  This was a bit of an ad hoc design, so you see some of my minor mistakes.  

burgeremporium.thumb.jpg.21fb8aec07a039c64f5616265e21eef9.jpg

Archived