Merm King should be harder (or impossible ) to attack

Wurt is my favorite character, and I love everything about her. By late game I've spammed a ton of merm guards. But I've died so many times because when I go to feed the merm king if i accidentally click twice, I feed him and then attack him, causing every other merm in the game to murder me in the face. There's no real upside to killing the merm king, and you can't attack the pig king, so why can you attack the merm king? I wish Klei would remove the ability to attack him, or at least make it not the default click option (like glommer). 

Sounds like the real issue is button mashing, and with all that time playing wurt you’d think you’d either learn not to button mash or unequip your weapon before feeding him.

-1 from me because there’s many other places in the game where you’ll have the exact same issue.

6 hours ago, Toros said:

Sounds like the real issue is button mashing, and with all that time playing wurt you’d think you’d either learn not to button mash or unequip your weapon before feeding him.

-1 from me because there’s many other places in the game where you’ll have the exact same issue.

unfortunately the game counts the walking cane as a weapon.

also the attack prompt shows up too for a mid-training beefalo. losing 5 days of training because you wanted to click on a chest and not on the edge of its horns is rather annoying.

4 hours ago, Well-met said:

unfortunately the game counts the walking cane as a weapon.

also the attack prompt shows up too for a mid-training beefalo. losing 5 days of training because you wanted to click on a chest and not on the edge of its horns is rather annoying.

I could argue that's more an issue with beefalo taming mechanics being a suckfest more than targeting issues.  Not an issue I've ever had but I have pretty strong anti-mash discipline.

It is possible that attacking the Merm King is a thing because of bad or problematic placement of the king.

If the other players need to move the king for whatever reason, they'd have to murder him first and then break/remove his tapestry.

Making the king untargetable could be a problem in multiple players worlds, under some circunstances.

I don't really remember if you require to force attack him, as you would with chester or the glommer, if he doesnt, adding that to him would be a solution. If he already requires to force attack him, then its just a matter of being more careful around him.

Archived