Warly's (and other's) abduction

Guys, do you have any idea how most entered the Constant? Wilson and Waxstaff were lured in, Wickerbottom through the library fire(?) and some from the Circus were gone through the earthquake... maybe I don't know

What bothers me is someone like Warly, who would've had no reason to leave his Maman behind (I don't buy into weird gramaphone Waxstaff technological magic...). Would there be a better explanation somewhere?

(Yes, this is me still not over his backstory and yes I know that knowing the truth won't help me)

I like to think that Maman made a deal with Maxwell/Charlie that resulted in Warly being taken away, and she wasn't chosen because she would not be able to support herself in the Constant, thus would result in an uninteresting "play-thing"; so they chose him instead.

My theory for Warly was that Maxwell told him that he could give him a cure for Maman, and that was how he tricked him into getting kidnapped. It must have been Maxwell, because Warly recognizes him and calls him a villain, if you're able to examine Maxwell in his NPC form while playing as Warly. The line is in the game's code, anyway.

Archived