What is the point of using air critter lure and not trap?

Because literally noone is using lures as it is MUCH MUCH MUCH easier to dig to some egg and hatch it, rather than lure critters somewhere.

Especially when you have enclosed room. Especially due to critters' tendency to fly away right after eating a bait.

It can bring the critter close so you can wrangle it but most of the time it`s redundant when a basic drop off allows for much better control. Feels like an abandon design that would be used if auto wrangling wasn`t possible. Pretty similar to critter traps but uses easier to get resources. Maybe it`ll get a rework in the future.

It's main use is for when an "non-wranglable" critter (shine bugs, puffs, and gassy moos) is not in an enclosed room or a room that can easily be enclosed because in that case you'd just plop down a critter drop off and set it to auto wrangle.

I've used them mostly for luring gassy moos into their pen after they've been released from the cargo bay of the rocket.  In fact I've used a trail of lures to lure them from halfway across the screen Hansel and Gretel style.

It's the method of last resort.

2 hours ago, Kderosa said:

t's main use is for when an "non-wranglable" critter (shine bugs, puffs, and gassy moos) is not in an enclosed room or a room that can easily be enclosed because in that case you'd just plop down a critter drop off and set it to auto wrangle.

Do you even have to enclose the room to use the drop off to wrangle?  I'm almost certain I've done that in the past without enclosing the room, but it may have changed.

15 minutes ago, psusi said:

Do you even have to enclose the room to use the drop off to wrangle?  I'm almost certain I've done that in the past without enclosing the room, but it may have changed.

I know you can use a drop off anywhere as a drop off point for wrangled critters. But I thought it didn’t always work In reverse as a means to auto-wrangle to  take away critters in an open space. Or at least it didn’t work reliably. Maybe it’s a proximity thing or a priority thing that was causing me problems. 

1 hour ago, Kderosa said:

I know you can use a drop off anywhere as a drop off point for wrangled critters. But I thought it didn’t always work In reverse as a means to auto-wrangle to  take away critters in an open space. Or at least it didn’t work reliably. Maybe it’s a proximity thing or a priority thing that was causing me problems. 

Yea, I think there is a proximity thing to it but I don't think you are limited to the room being officially a ranch.

7 minutes ago, psusi said:

Yea, I think there is a proximity thing to it but I don't think you are limited to the room being officially a ranch.

Doesn’t necessarily have to be a ranch just an enclosed room. As opposed to just putting the drop off out in the open and getting 126 critters out of 20 showing. In that situation where every critter out in the open is showing up in the counter where I have trouble auto wrangling. 

Just now, Kderosa said:

Doesn’t necessarily have to be a ranch just an enclosed room. As opposed to just putting the drop off out in the open and getting 126 critters out of 20 showing. In that situation where every critter out in the open is showing up in the counter where I have trouble auto wrangling. 

True!  Even if it is a room to big to be considered a ranch, I've never had a problem when the total number of critters detected is < 20.

1 minute ago, psusi said:

True!  Even if it is a room to big to be considered a ranch, I've never had a problem when the total number of critters detected is < 20.

So that’s the one situation where you might need to use the critter lure - when the critter you want to capture is in a large space containing more than 20 critters. Or something like that. 

Archived