Winona, the "Handywoman", is not really that handy, but more of engineer if you ask me. This is why I propose this small rework focusing on her nickname.

1. More efficient sewing kit use

2. More efficient wall repair

3. When she is too hungry to speed-craft, she should be just normal speed, it's way to slow right now in my opinion.

4. More trusty tape use. Right now, her trusty tape is just a discount sewing kit, I think it should also be usable on weapons and things like teeth traps.

5. More efficient GEM-erator based on the rarity of the gem, red and blue gem would be less efficient than purple gems and purple gems would be less efficient than green, yellow and orange gems.

I know Winona has already recieved a rework, but to me, she is not yet fully fleshed out, very few actually use Winona since she feels incomplete and not worth it, because other characters are much more fun to play, and she does not provide a very different gameplay experience and since the only things she brings to the table are basically her catapults, her spotlight being outdone by a firepit or even a torch. 

Feel free to suggest your own ideas.

14 hours ago, ConvexCaribou23 said:

her spotlight being outdone by a firepit or even a torch

Gosh, it wаs so dissаpointing to see it in аction then her rework just hаppened.

Not that long ago I found a mod that has properly working spotlight in it. It is called "Seafaring And Else" аnd just look аt this beauty.

Spoiler

865450705_-1.png.879335d332f62d1c42753aafa6c3c1c5.png

So the spotlight itself moves just like your mast does, following the direction you've chosen with your steering wheel аnd giving а nice аnd wide enough projection of light. With the resent direction of every new update being seа relаted I would love Klei to impliment this in their gаme. You don't need to creаte а new structure to build, just improve Winonаs spotlight mаking it working differently while hаving а steering wheel neаr by it so you cаn rotаte in the sаme wаy on the lаnd too.

Oh plus, give us an opportunity to turn off and on Winonа's generаtors.

Yes The Beard777 showcased that mod, that's totally what Winona's spotlights should have done it's so much more useful (it's not too late to change it Klei!), and I agree that you should be able to turn off her generators, similarly to ice flingomatics.

I just got another idea, her current downside is that she loses 5 hunger points when she speed-crafts, and that she crafts super slowly when hungry. I think that this could be tunned down, that when she speecd-crafts she loses 2 or 3 hunger points, and when she is too hungry to speed-craft it could just be a little slower than another character's speed, but then I propose a completly new downside to compensate for reducing the other one, Winona should lose sanity when near fire, because of the fire that happened at the Voxola Radio Factory, also she has quotes about fire such as: "Haven't we lost enought to fires."

On 5/5/2020 at 4:19 PM, ConvexCaribou23 said:

Yes The Beard777 showcased that mod

Yup, that's the place where I "found" it, on Beаrd's lovely YT channel. :wilson_flower:

On 5/5/2020 at 5:16 PM, ConvexCaribou23 said:

when she is too hungry to speed-craft it could just be a little slower than another character's speed

I think you cаn just turn this one down completely. I meаn like it's not mаking аny sense to me. Why the hell would Winona start crafting things slower than other survivors then she's hungry аnywаy? She's а hаndywomаn they sаy. Why do other survivors not having the sаme mechanic then? Meh =__=

The one idea i had to buff winona was to let her repair armour or tools with the tape, maybe only she could repair it. but still.

cause come on... its TAPE, who uses tape for clothing... its used on TOOLS!

Maybe 1 tape can restore 10% of the tools/weapons uses (not 10% durability, 10% of its uses, so if 150 max uses, it would repair it for 15 uses, or 15% durability)

Archived