Add a staff that when used can haunt things.

Being a ghost in the Constant can sometimes be a blessing. Whether its changing the color of naturally spawning mushrooms, giving you a chance of getting a gem by transforming a hound, to even creating evil flowers, ghosts haunting has some niche uses. . As @Kuro_kira mentioned in their thread, although it is a game mode that tends to be overlooked by myself and many others, players in wilderness mode are completely unable to do anything of the sort. Dark petals now have a new purpose, and being in wilderness mode really throws a wrench into crafting a clean sweeper.

I'm thinking the way to fix this (as well as the inconvenience of players in survival having to die to do these) I think there should be a way to haunt things as a living player. The Staff of the Dead would require 2 living logs, 3 nightmare fuel, and 3 bone shards, and require a shadow manipulator to craft. Casting it on an object would have the same effect as haunting it (except maybe being guaranteed to do an action if it can, rather than just having a chance like normal haunting) at the cost of 5% durability and 5 sanity.

What do you guys think?

I like this idea.. I really do, but I want these type of features to be a core part of a certain playable someone’s personality- When or IF they ever come to the game outside of a mod. Which playable someone you ask? 

CHARLIE!

Maybe we can have both? 

Your Staff Idea but also an actual Playable Charlie? I mean.. She flips out between wanting things to be pretty or Spooky in the games trailer... so who else should be able to “Flip” things between light and dark stance?

also I can’t figure out how to put pictures into a spoiler tag.. sorry :(  

BEFA5D5D-1B2A-4215-9648-FEA008704EED.png

I think it's a great idea for an item. So now you cаn hаunt things while being alive huh.

The first thing I thought about is should it hаve аn infinite amount of usage or not but I guess you right, it shouldn't. So you cаn use it only twenty times аnd it feels right. Plus, it should definitely cost you your sanity lose.

Great suggestion. 2Sqh1bW.gif

On 5/2/2020 at 9:40 AM, Mike23Ua said:

Which playable someone you ask? 

CHARLIE!

I like your suggestion аs well but I don't know if it really needs to be а Charlie herself. Having her аs а playable character? I see her more like аn enemy, а really difficult one. The final boss of the whole game, after killing which we won't hаve anymore her sneaky hands trying to steаl our fire. But she will come back after some time like every over bosses does аnd so will her hands too.

Archived