Managing Space Artifacts

Hello! I've looked around and found no mods that allow some kind of interaction with space artifacts.

As we all know, it's extremely annying to move them around, which is kinda necessary if you want to use them since they require cooling most of the time and it's hard to prioritize one over the other (ideally the cooled ones vs the not yet cooled ones).
Is there really no mod to manage them? Is there any practical way other that simply put ALL of them into pedistals?

1 hour ago, SharraShimada said:

Yes they are called this. What makes me wonder is why do you have to cool them? They dont produce heat.

They are dropped basically on top of rockets.. even if you are fast enough to remove them before the rocket relaunches, they still absorb heat from the floor. But this is beside the point.
Even not considering the potential heat, it would still be much more practical to be able to move them as other objects. At the moment, if you want to remove them from where they drop, you have to have a pedistal ready for each one. It's very annoying.
I understand that they were probably not classified as other objects because then you would be able to drop many of them in the same place and get free decor bombing, but this results in the very annoying situation I described and (I guess) we all know.
So, does anyone have a solution to this?

Lol, while looking around, I found a topic about this where you replied (optimistically) :-D:grin::-D

Test447 and I have been working on an artifact storage mod, it's been on the backburner for a while but since there seems to be demand for it I will resume work on it in the coming days. I will update you when it's out

I've been dabbling in a melter mod for their disposal. Took a little while to figure out how to make a 'factory' building, and a little longer to notice that artifact Tags are all precededed by "artifact_", so "artifact_sink" works while "sink" causes an immediate crash...

In any case, hoping to have it up on the workshop today.

5 hours ago, thehole0ne said:

I've been dabbling in a melter mod for their disposal. Took a little while to figure out how to make a 'factory' building, and a little longer to notice that artifact Tags are all precededed by "artifact_", so "artifact_sink" works while "sink" causes an immediate crash...

In any case, hoping to have it up on the workshop today.

Can't edit my post (maybe cos new here).

Balance for the melter mod feels a bit off, so I don't think it is ready for the workshop for a little while.

On 6/30/2020 at 7:26 AM, thehole0ne said:

Finally got round to uploading my mod which can melt space artifacts. Needs quite a bit of infrastructure so feels appropriately balanced.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2146646680

I was looking for a practical way of managing artifacts as if they were other materials, not extra/modified content, but thanks anyway!

Archived