Return of Them update for Don't Starve single player

Will there be any plans to update single player Don't starve with the Return of Them content? People will say well why don't you just play DST then!? The answer is simple, lag. Don't Starve Together even if you're playing in offline mode with one player has considerable delays especially when picking up items or fighting. Single player Don't Starve has none of those issues and is well balanced around solo play.

I'm extremely disappointed seeing all of Klei's attention going to DST while single player DS gets ignored and left in the dust especially the huge disappointment in the lack of content in Hamlet after showing so much potential. Updating Single Player with Return of Them would be greatly appreciated by the single player base that helped build the popularity of the Don't Starve universe in the first place.

Klei has been my favorite Game Company since back in alpha of original DS, always saw them listen to feedback and be very vocal on plans in the future. Now that's why it painful seeing them now, silent and on the path to becoming just another "live service" game company only interested in focusing on games with micro-transactions. I know that DST makes a lot more money than DS but please don't forget about the loyal fans that love Don't Starve single player. I would gladly pay for another single player update.

i'm with you on this.
i keep seeing the character reworks and updates for DST and have a crying and a smiling eye.
it makes me happy to see the Don't Starve project as a whole still gets so much attention and i love the content and character reworks. almost all of it looks freakin' great to me! Compliments to Klei at this point. I love what you guys are doing! <3

And thats also when i get sad because the last update for singleplayer DS feels like it's been forever and don't even mention the Switch Version.

I love the update on Wendy and Woody. It just makes me sad because I fear this update and content will maybe never come to Singleplayer DS.

Sometimes I feel it's like a first world complaint, since there's hamlet and shipwrecked, 2 dlcs that DST doesnt have and therefore lots of content. And still i would love to play Wendy without Abigail going on a suicide mission every 3rd day so she can go and chill in her flower for a few days before respawning..

She was the character that actually got me into really enjoying Don't Starve. Because of her sister being a cool fighting aid and her super depressed character which i just absolutely love.

I think i got a bit off track there.. I think your guys are doing an amazing job and probably just have limited resources as most human beings and companies do. damn those humans :D

It would still be great to hear once in a while what's planned or going on for the Singleplayer Don't Starve. Pardon me if i havent seen news or posts that you may have made on this.

Most importantly take care of yourselfs :) <3

On 5/4/2020 at 7:21 PM, Deprecious said:

No thanks, i'd like to see some features/mechanics/structures/bosses ported from DST to DS but NOT all of them..

One of the things i don't want to see in DS are the new character reworks.. they are overdone and over complicated for no reason

And the thing i don't want to see the most, the sole reason why i don't play DST anymore, is the Return of them update, and the crap content and mechanics that came with it..

so if i like the rot content i like crap? learn how to critice with facts and not with insults

52 minutes ago, Deprecious said:

Hold on cowboy, so you are saying that i am not allowed to not like stuff around here because it hurts other people's feelings ? what ?

Like, since when is it considered and insult to say that i feel like an update is rubbish ? 

Anyway, here are some reasons why i think RoT update is the worst content quality wise that DS ever received :

1. The art is all over the place, it just feels wrong, like it doesn't fit in that world..  

2. The art for many new prefabs is bad, especially the art for the new boat, i've seen better mods honestly

3. The boat mechanics are clunky and anti fun 

4. The new bosses are there just to be there

5. The new ocean can't even hold a candle to the SW ocean, the ocean and the land have no immersion, like they don't even touch, to be honest I don't think an open ocean will ever fit with the RoG biomes, it will always feel wrong..

7. The lunar island, even ignoring the screen effects, that color palette just gives me headaches

Most of the new content feels like it's there only for the sake of adding something new, to be honest i think they made a big mistake with the new ocean, it would of been a lot better to just port SW to DST and handle it the same as they handled the caves.. 

now better. But coming here and say that is crap without giving reasons is useless and toxic.

Also what you ahve said is your opinion not the truth (some people thinks different), the game isnt made for you is for every player. Anyways...

1 i dont see what doesnt fits. Maybe is more colourfull but i dont see out of place malbatros or the nawgal

2 I see the boat shape funny, little, but funny.  You are fighting bosses over few boards. Is seedy and i like it

3 i have fun and most of my friends like how the add simple mechanics but inmersive in how you control the boat

4 they are there because: 1 is a big bird eating fishes and the other is a crazy by moon mutated crab with his own background

5 that is a problem that they can solve in future adding shores biomes but for me, atleast without weird world generators, it fits to me

6 ???

7 that is something that i dont get (drop your sanity if you dont want weird effects or weald the bone helm)

i prefer this new ocean so i can still enjoining sw (as im doing this week, day 45 and i feel im gonna die for the danm volcano :P)

On 5/8/2020 at 8:41 PM, Deprecious said:

Hold on cowboy, so you are saying that i am not allowed to not like stuff around here because it hurts other people's feelings ? what ?

Like, since when is it considered and insult to say that i feel like an update is rubbish ? 

Anyway, here are some reasons why i think RoT update is the worst content quality wise that DS ever received :

1. The art is all over the place, it just feels wrong, like it doesn't fit in that world..  

2. The art for many new prefabs is bad, especially the art for the new boat, i've seen better mods honestly

3. The boat mechanics are clunky and anti fun 

4. The new bosses are there just to be there

5. The new ocean can't even hold a candle to the SW ocean, the ocean and the land have no immersion, like they don't even touch, to be honest I don't think an open ocean will ever fit with the RoG biomes, it will always feel wrong..

7. The lunar island, even ignoring the screen effects, that color palette just gives me headaches

Most of the new content feels like it's there only for the sake of adding something new, to be honest i think they made a big mistake with the new ocean, it would of been a lot better to just port SW to DST and handle it the same as they handled the caves.. 

I very much agree with you, especially that they should have just ported over SW content.

Archived