Exploit karma

12 minutes ago, Sx6944 said:

You do know that liquid airlock is used in real life, don’t you?

How can this be an exploit when this mechanism is used in your toilet and kitchen? 

In real life, it only works when the gas pressure on either side is about the same.  Put high pressure on one side and it will push the liquid out of the way.

6 hours ago, psusi said:

In real life, it only works when the gas pressure on either side is about the same.  Put high pressure on one side and it will push the liquid out of the way.

That is a far cry from "about the same". It also depends on the specifics. It is quite possible to do "high pressure" liquid locks in physical reality, it just does rarely make much sense as other approaches are usually superior for high pressure.

Incidentally, ONI does not have pressure simulation, so, within the constraints of the simulation, a liquid lock is completely realistic. Calling it an exploit is something the forum rules do not allow me to state clearly. I will say that some people seem to have an "exploit fetish" that they try to push on everybody. I think that needs to stop.

Archived