Conveyor system - bad mechanism (old school way)

Hi folks

I've just noticed something unpleasant with rails.

image.thumb.png.aff4df873600a64c629c1a2cfcc15480.png

If there's a constant flow from the upper loader, the flow will divide between A & B. If A goes full, half the time it will still try to push the flow to A, every other time it will send the flow to B. You will end up with only half the bandwidth going to B.

Some will remember the mecanism, similar to the piped (gas & liquid) one we had some months ago. An update has changed that, so now for piping, if A is full, the whole flow is directed to B. And it's a good point, I think.

The other example shows how you need to plug your T junction if you want to avoid this. If 1 goes full, 2 will get the full flow.

It was a bit academic with pipes, but not ressource consuming, as the bridge has always been the same price than a standard segment.

But now I have to say that this one is hurting really bad. Rail bridges are very expensive (4 times the price of standard segment), so it's clearly a pain for our ressource stock. (I could be mistaken, but I don't remember this mechanism going this way before the conveyor system rework).

Please Klei change the price of the rail bridge, (standardize it with other bridges for example), or change this mechanism. Our raw metal ore is going up in smoke...

Thanks all

Have a nice day :)

9 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

Hmm. File a bug report?

It doesn't sound like a bug for me. The old piping mechanism was working like this, and it was by design.

But hey, indeed, I can try :) i will tomorrow if I remember.

On 4/7/2020 at 2:35 AM, Gurgel said:

The bug would be that rails work differently than pipes.

May be you know that already, but solid transport IS coded differently compared to other piping. They tried to change it during the launch patch beta and bring it up to speed with liquid and gas piping optimization but it led to heavy complications (bridges didn't work if I remember correctly, they would drop their content), so they said they would leave it as it is for now(then).

Or did I miss something in a recent update?

1 hour ago, suxkar said:

May be you know that already, but solid transport IS coded differently compared to other piping. They tried to change it during the launch patch beta and bring it up to speed with liquid and gas piping optimization but it led to heavy complications (bridges didn't work if I remember correctly, they would drop their content), so they said they would leave it as it is for now(then).

Or did I miss something in a recent update?

I am aware. But it is something that maybe Klei should be reminded of from time to time, so they know that people run into it and wonder.

Archived