There are a lot of overlays with own shortcuts and icons in overlay list.
Only automation overlay can be accessed exclusively during build of some automation structure. It is pretty disturbing when you press Esc while targeting automation building preview and instead of just closing current preview it's closing overlay completely.
Also sometimes you just want to analyze current state of automation wires, but since it is accessible from building mode - tooltips covering major part of screen.

https://imgur.com/a/qg3Wa4p

There are even some shortcuts placeholders for 12th overlay.

I am sure that it will be pretty handy for a lot of advanced users.

58 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

You got a hotkey. It`s shift + F2 (or was it alt + F2?) it also has an overlay icon but it only appears after you researched it.

image.thumb.png.8455e52d0da5d1faa3fc051994ab7e56.png

According to this settings it should be Shift + F1 and etc.

That what i mean with 

13 hours ago, ertc said:

There are even some shortcuts placeholders for 12th overlay.

But it is obviously not working.

On 19.03.2020 at 1:15 PM, ertc said:

But it is obviously not working.

It`s working for me. And it has an icon on the top.

Are you using the sandbox mode for automation by any chance. The overlay is not available before you research the first automation tech. If you are spawning stuff from sandbox without researching everything you won`t have the overlay available.

1 hour ago, Sasza22 said:

It`s working for me. And it has an icon on the top.

Are you using the sandbox mode for automation by any chance. The overlay is not available before you research the first automation tech. If you are spawning stuff from sandbox without researching everything you won`t have the overlay available.

Yes, you are right. I was in sandbox mode and did not research that branch.
Just tried and it works as you said, thanks for helping me.

But i would say that it is still pretty confusing: from sandbox i have access to all of the automation buildings but not to overlay.
And I assume that we have the same for Exosuit and Conveyor overlays.

Archived