Nightinggale's Mods - How Long to Wait Until Forking?

Nightinggale has a bunch of great mods - most notably, Piped Output.  However, with Automation Pack many of their mods are now broken and are in need of updating.

Unfortunately, Nightinggale has been gone for some time.  Judging from their github activity, it looks like they got sucked into the rabbit hole that is Civilization, so I don't think we'll be seeing anything from them for quite some time - if at all.

So, this begs a couple of questions.  Has anyone heard anything from Nightinggale at all?  And if not, how long should we wait (out of courtesy to the mod author) until forking their mods?

I am willing to do this myself, but it will take quite a bit of time since I'll have to learn not only Harmony, but C# as well....

.... And I'm behind on my rent as it is.  -_-;

this was brought up in the ONI chat before, and most of us agreed its been long enough, it's acceptable at this point to take on his mods. 

I tried contacting him months ago to contribute to his door mod, but i couldnt get in touch with them ever since.

Do make sure you read the attached licensing in his Github repo too. (GNU GPL 3.0, allows for modification and redistribution, so people are in the green on the legal part of it, but read up on it)

I do want to mention this however; one reason noone picked up high flow yet is because adding multiple conduits to one building is fairly challenging and problematic, even for those who know how to mod already.

8 hours ago, Akiart said:

I do want to mention this however; one reason noone picked up high flow yet is because adding multiple conduits to one building is fairly challenging and problematic, even for those who know how to mod already.

I'm up for the challenge.  Like I said before, just need to learn to code.  :?

And thanks for the heads up on the GNU GPL.  I'll definitely look through it once I'm ready to start.

I had much contact with Nightinggale in the past, discussing problems and such. From that experience, i dont think he has problems if someone is taking over. Whats him preventing from a reply we do not know. Real life issues, just no more interest into this matter, who knows. 

He´s done some very useful and great mods, and it would be a shame to let them go to waste.

Archived