Wortox/Warly Crock Pot Soul Recipies

Wortox should be able to cook in a crock pot with souls, since souls themselves don't give much hunger, and because of Wortox's main downside (physical foods are half as effective), Wortox can't really deal with hunger without too much trouble and sanity loss. Also, whatever Wortox could make in the crock pot would still have the sanity set back.

If you ask most experienced wortox mains, you'll find many of them live off meaty stews.
Food is very abundant in dst when you knuckle down and look for food before it's too late. 

The more you play wortox, the faster you'll find that he's a well crafted character as he stands.
A mistake new wortox players make is thinking that he MUST only eat souls because it's not worth it to eat anything else. 

Once you get the day count up and secure a reliable food source which can be anything from monster meat from spiders, penning volt goat, stonefruit which grows in the winter, cactus or honey, food isn't such a large setback for him. 

With those points stated, I don't think he needs souls in a crock pot. (Unless the souls used give him unique attributes other than hunger)

But again, he's already an excellent character to have on a team or to play on your own that doesn't truly need special dishes. In my opinion of course. 

You are right, I do love Wortox as he stands, it might just be cool for souls to have more use. Also, a crockpot soul recipe that would affect other things than hunger, sanity and health sure does sound cool, however, that's more in Warly's domain. 

But I do propose this: Warly could be able to use souls in his portable seasoning station to add an effect to the food item, like speed for example, thus making Warly and Wortox a decent combo. (Souls would still be only obtainable by Wortox and obviously this means that this would be a (small) Warly (re)rework instead of a (small) Wortox rework.)

Wortox could prepare live animals by putting some sauce on them and something else in their mouths. Like gold our stonefrut in the mouth of Moleworms and then eat them.

He would gain X benefits from this "recipe" and a little more satiety with the soul that he will swallow. Wild animals eat each other alive, so ... Every idea is welcome! 

These ideas can make developers reflect and think of ideas that have nothing to do with this one. Or implement them in another way with a mob for example.

Let's just let the wildest ideas take us to incredible places.

I appreciate your attention and patience.

2 hours ago, Wesbie said:

Wortox could prepare live animals by putting some sauce on them and something else in their mouths. Like gold our stonefrut in the mouth of Moleworms and then eat them.

He would gain X benefits from this "recipe" and a little more satiety with the soul that he will swallow. Wild animals eat each other alive, so ... Every idea is welcome! 

That's completly out of character for Wortox, he is a trickster cursed imp with a big heart, not a wild animal nor a vore enthusiast, did you forget the fact that he basically killed one of his own in order to save a innocent baby beefalo? I doubt he would enjoy such cruel and unnecessary actions towards defenseless critters.

2 hours ago, Lammarr said:

did you forget the fact that he basically killed one of his own in order to save a innocent baby beefalo?

I did not forget.

That's completly out of character for Wortox, he is a trickster cursed imp with a big heart

Yes, you're right.

not a wild animal nor a vore enthusiast

But you have to admit that he has a mouth big enough to swallow a bird, hehe.

And those teeth!

4 hours ago, Wesbie said:

These ideas can make developers reflect and think of ideas that have nothing to do with this one. Or implement them in another way with a mob for example.

Let's just let the wildest ideas take us to incredible places.

I think you forgot that part. 

Thanks for the feedback Lammarr :D

40 minutes ago, Wesbie said:

I think you forgot that part. 

Thanks for the feedback Lammarr :D

I didn't mention that part due to it not having much to do with Wortox and what i wanted to talk about him. Also, lureplants already got a pretty similiar behavior related to eating creatures alive, they actually capture small critters instantly with their eyeplants, and then digest them like any other item in its inventory after some time. 

Archived