How do I deal with this?

I'd setup a steam turbine(or several) in a cool enough area that it doesn't overheat, I'd additionally setup a heat exchange into the (newly built) steamroom for that turbine to trade heat with all of that nice hot CO2 using either Crude Oil or Petrol as the liquid medium. Best part is the heat exchange loop could be run off of a liquid bridge after you've initially "charged" the loop so it's all gravy from there.

I'd probably provision for an Aquatuner to be used to bring at least part of the CO2 room down to below 100C from the less than 125C range. After that, you just plop some steam turbines onto the top of that already existing steam room and let them munch away on all that steam.

Note that liquid phosphorous (becomes liquid at 280.45C) is a fantastic material to make natural tiles for a wild plant farm as it becomes solid at 44.15C. So if you can keep your wild plant farm under that it really is a wonderful tool to have. 

Based on my experience, this is about 1000 cycles worth of steam with one turbine. If you want, you can stick turbines on top, cool them with an at/st setup, and then drain heat from the magma biome. You'll have sufficient power for your base for about 5k ish cycles. 

On 3/8/2020 at 4:05 PM, krishagen said:

I was planning on doing a cold power brick, from Francis John, in the cold section above there. So I might do two birds with one stone :)

I am also planning the same.

I think transfering heat in another steam room with a automated door  is  the right way if you want all the power it can give you.

If you want to get rid of the heat the fastest way possible you can simply put a lot of steam turbine on top ( who need to be cooled down too) you can also build  alot of tempshift plate but it will give you no power

Edit: you can also build a door compressor and a little room enclosed in metallic tiles( can't have pressure damage) on top  and insulated tiles and corner mine and deal with it later

Yup. Im in a map right now that basically put a glacier or something in a 100+degree section of the oil biome. I just stuck gas pumps in there and used the additional power for cooling and drained the steam turbine outputs to a basin to get me quite a lot of extra water, which I then chilled a little with an aquatuner. It's time consuming but it yields a nice bonus of resources. 

Archived