Dupe Beds have decorations for each dupe

I was watching the music stream for ONI and was admiring the bed lights and realized...WHY DONT MY ACTUAL DUPES HAVE CUTE LITTLE BED LIGHTS?

So my suggestion is for each named type (Meep, Mi-Ma, Catalina, etc.) the cot is redecorated to match that dupe. Like sum dupes have teddy bears, others have stickers, maybe one has crayon drawings of animals, etc. The comfy beds also have similar decorations to cots but more advanced/refined. Like a pile of teddy bears with one big bear, 70's style flower stickers, and refined art.

As an extension, maybe their mess tables also have small decorations if you zoom in. Like balloons attached, ornaments, or gemstones. 

It's a purely cosmetic change with no game play effect. But i think the dupes are adorable and i loved making up little stories around them as they suffer mercilessly under my tyrannical boot. :)

(BTW if you rename the dupe this will have no effect on the decoration type, it uses the original name of the dupe. This is just to make it easier to code as you don't have to make 1000s of decorations for multiple names)

Nice idea.

4 hours ago, speckle21 said:

The comfy beds also have similar decorations to cots but more advanced/refined.

One thing related to comfy beds that I always felt was odd: duplicants sleep in the same curled up position as they do on cots. They have much more space on comfy beds. If Klei does not add additional bed decor, the least they can do is allow duplicants to stretch out on comfy beds.

4 hours ago, pether said:

Why not showers and toilets?

Go for it!

Although i think those items aren't "specific" to each dupe, like any dupe can use them. But mess tables and beds are specific to each dupe. 

19 hours ago, speckle21 said:

Although i think those items aren't "specific" to each dupe, like any dupe can use them

Well, you can assign toilets to dupes, so if a mess table could use a small decoration, a private toilet could use some too ...probably.

Anyway, I think that the core idea - personalized cots and beds - is really awesome :)

6 hours ago, Meltdown said:

Well, you can assign toilets to dupes, so if a mess table could use a small decoration, a private toilet could use some too ...probably.

Anyway, I think that the core idea - personalized cots and beds - is really awesome :)

There could be a lot of potential for toilets.

"Warning: Toxic Waste Dump"

"Biohazard"

"Stop leaving the toilet seat up, MEEP"

"Out of toilet paper"

"Puft Nursery"

Archived